Eight

Demetri saw it fit to have her on lockdown. He had wolves patrolling all over the house and the town on the look out for the man who'd threatened her. She was currently curled up on the sofa in the living room with the television on, Demetri was in his study talking to some of his wolves and Belle couldn't help but feel useless.

Suddenly the door slammed open and an angry George entered the house. His eyes locked with Belle's and he glared directly at her.
"Demetri!" He bellowed.
In an instant Demetri was out of his study and immediately looked over at her as if checking to see if she was okay and then he turned his attention to his father who was fuming.

"What is the meaning of having your men patrolling the streets?" He threw his hands up, "What the hell is going on!"
Demetri handed his father the threat and George's eyes widened, "Who gave this to you?"
Demetri shook his head, "It was given to Belle."
George turned his attention to her, "Do you catch a glimpse of the man who gave this to you? A name?"

Belle shook her head, "I didn't catch his face or his name."
George suddenly shook his head in anger, "Now we don't even have a scent because she's not a werewolf."
Demetri narrowed his eyes at his father, "That's beside the point, we know that the threat is obviously a rogue and the plan put in place months ago will still be put in effect."

George scoffed, "I hope for your sake son that this, is taken care of." The door slammed behind him.
"I'm sorry." Belle whispered.
Demetri turned his head to her, "There's nothing to be sorry for,"
Belle scoffed, "Sure there is, I was of no help to the situation,"

Demetri shook his head, "I'm just glad you're safe, that's all that matters to me."
Belle knew he was being sincere and nodded her head in response. She could be happy here with him, she knew that, but deep in her heart she knew he could do better that a simple human could never be good enough for him.

That night as well as all the other nights she had been there, Demetri had allowed her to sleep on the bed and him on the couch. He wanted her to comfortable she knew that but she felt guilty for taking his bed, it wasn't hers to take. Belle lay awake that night from her place on the bed she could see Demetri on the couch— she could see he was asleep, and sighed and closed her eyes as well.

~*~

When she opened her eyes again she was in the forest, dense trees covered the surrounding area. Demetri was beside her and he held a stern look on his face, "What are we doing here?" She asked.
His eyes met hers and Belle furrowed her eyebrows, looking at his eyes, they were black pools, but Demetri's eyes were grey—

"We're looking for rogues."
Belle nodded her head and turned her attention to the now darkness surrounding her. She continued to walk alongside him until she could no longer hear two sets of footsteps only her own.
"Demetri?" She called out into the darkness.
She was alone.

"Demetri!" She screamed louder.
"Where are you?"
Panic suddenly coursed through her and her hurried steps could be heard from mikes away. Why would he just leave her!
"Please come out!"
"I'm lost." She exclaimed.

"Lost?" Suddenly a voice was heard behind her and she swiveled her heel quickly coming face to face with a man she'd never seen before.
"Why are you lost?" He asked.
Bell suddenly felt uneasy, "I... I.. um"
"Wolf got your tongue." He cackled loudly.

His eyes were beady and dark and Belle knew then and there she was in trouble. She made a move to run but to no avail he grabbed hold of her and pulled her body into his roughly.
"Where are you going?" He smirked.
His shaven head twisted to the side and he licked his lips, "Don't you just look delicious?"

He bared his canines and opened his mouth as if going to take a piece of her and she screamed, to the top of her lungs.

But there was no pain, as she shot out of her bed with Demetri beside her.
"Belle.." he said soothingly
"Everything is okay, it was just a dream."
Belle was taking deep breaths as Demetri's arm wrapped around her. It was just a dream, she breathed a sigh of relief, relishing in the comfort Demetri was giving her.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

Belle looked up at him and nodded her head, "You left me in the forest, I was calling out to you but you didn't come and then this man come out of nowhere and attacked me." Her voice was lot whispering and she finished Demetri pulled her closer.
Belle suddenly felt Demetri's arms loosening around her and she clung to him.
"Wait, no don't go,"

He nodded and she shifted in the bed to make room for him. His arms hugged her small frame and she rested her forehead on his chest, sleep overtaking them both.