Nine

Belle woke up wrapped in Demetri's arms. But she didn't move in fear of him waking up and removing them. This comfort was so euphoric for her, after her nightmare she couldn't dream about going back to sleep but here Demetri was, the man who made her feel safe. She snuggled closer into him, enjoying the feeling of his warmth. Leaning her head back she could see his angel like features on his face. He looked so relaxed as he slept. She ran her fingers against his jaw and sighed, content.

"Belle?" Instantly she shot her eyes closed pretending to still be asleep.
She could feel him chuckle, "Belle, I know you're awake"
She peeped an eye open and sighed, "Good morning,"
"Good morning" he muttered stifling a laugh.

Slowly he unwrapped his arms from around her and stood up, it was only then did Belle take in his bare chest. A blush flew to her cheeks and the dipped her head back into pillow. Thankfully he didn't notice as made his way to the bathroom.
"I have a meeting soon," she nodded, "but I'll be back by four and after I was thinking we could spend time together, dinner maybe?"

A smile graced her lips, "Dinner sounds nice,"
He returned her smile, "Good, but for your safety I'd have a team of wolves around the house, until I get back."
She nodded, the threat popping into her head again, she shivered, "Be safe." She whispered.
He smiled, "I always am."

~*~

Belle passed the time by cleaning, she dusted and swept and packed away anything lying around. By the time she was done the house was spotless and she was pleased with herself. She cooked herself lunch and made snacks. Her day was proving to be eventful and she wasn't bored at all. Although, she missed Demetri more than she liked to admit. She kept telling herself she couldn't get attached, but it was too late for that. He was already the only thing on her mind.

She sighed and took a bite of her sandwich. Soon enough four o'clock rolled around and the door to the house opened and there he stood, Belle was surprised he was on time and smiled at the sight of him. Her heart leaping with excitement, "Hi."
His eyes met hers and something flashed in them as he smiled back at her, "Hi."
"How was your meeting?" She asked.

Demetri shrugged, "No one has made any progress with finding out where the rogues are, or who sent the letter."
"In other words, I'm getting no where and I'm frustrated."
Belle stood up and placed her hand on his arm, "it'll be okay."
Demetri shook his head, "C'mon I promised I'd take you out, let's go."

Belle smiled and ran into the shower. She changed into a cute blue sun dress and tied her hair in a ponytail. She walked into the living room to see Demetri already waiting on her.
"Ready." She announced.
He smiled at her, "You look gorgeous."
Belle blushed at the compliment as she followed him out of the house.

"Unfortunately we won't be alone tonight, I have two cars following us,"
Belle was slightly disappointed but nodded, she knew it was for her safety and she also knew she didn't want anything to happen to him either. He opened the car door for her and she thanked him blushing while he did the same. The drive was silent but the silence was comfortable and she grinned from ear to ear.

Demetri caught her stare and raised his eyebrows, "What are you grinning about?"
She shrugged, "Nothing," not wanting to reveal that the source of her happiness was him.
He chuckled as he pulled the car to a halt in front of a small restaurant. They got out and made their way to the front desk and soon were seated across from each other.

"What are you going to have?" She asked.
He looked thoughtful, "I think I might have the pasta."
Belle made a face, "so basic."
Demetri chuckled, "Oh yeah, then what are you having?"
"Not the pasta." Belle scoffed.

He shook his head laughing, there was a silence after before he spoke up again, "Are you doing okay?"
The sudden question brought her attention away from her menu, "Yes I'm fine."
"No, what I meant was," he paused unsure, "are you comfortable with me?"
Belle tilted her head to the side studying him, he seemed nervous, "Yes, I am."

He nodded a small smile playing at his lips, "Good, because I want you to feel comfortable with me, I want you to be able to tell me anything."
Belle nodded, "I am, it's just... I thought, I still think you could so much better than me." She whispered, afraid of what her admission would bring.
"I'm human and you're an Alpha, there was no way I could be good enough for you."

She suddenly felt like hiding under the table or burying herself alive why did she just admit that.
Suddenly she felt his hand under her chin, "You are enough for me."
She shook her head, "How can you be so sure?"
"You're my mate, there isn't anyone else for me."