Thirty

Belle wanted them to laugh and tell her it was a joke.

When no one laughed Belle closed her eyes and screamed through the mind link.

Baby please answer me!

When there was no answer Belle clenched her teeth together, grinding them.

Come back to me.

Belle opened her eyes to see both Jillian and Fay looking at her quizzically, "He'll turn up, he has too." Belle said with enough confidence she managed to convince herself.
Both Jillian and Fay looked at her with sad eyes before Fay wrapped her in a hug.
"We know he will Belle." Fay smiled.
Belle sat curled on the couch huddled in blankets with a cup of tea in her hand, seemingly calming her nervousness.

Belle suddenly felt a jolt course through her as she shut her eyes letting the feeling take over. When she opened her eyes again, she was stuck in the forest staring at two wolves who were baring their teeth ferociously at each other, one the color of the grey clouds and the other midnight black and Belle suddenly gasped at the recognition of one of the wolves. Her mouth was moving but no words were coming and Belle suddenly wanted to cry out in frustration.

The grey wolf suddenly pounced on the black one biting into his fur and clamping down. The black wolf cried out in agony and he tried to get his attacker off. Belle wanted to run over there and stop the fighting but she was helpless. Belle watched in awe as the black wolf rammed the grey wolf into a tree which caused him to let go and fall to the forest floor. Steadily the black wolf regained his footing and bared his fangs at his opponent.

Charging again and Belle managed to scream but only reopened her eyes to see her tea shaking in her hand. Another vision and she knew exactly who it was.
"I need to go out there," Belle stated plainly turning to see Fay and Jillian with wide eyes.
"Go where?" Jillian looked alarmed.
"To the woods. I need to help!" She scampered to the door only to have Fay grab her hand, "No Belle. Your pack needs you here."
Belle looked conflicted, she needed to go and help. She just did. But she understood that she needed to be here and nodded her head at both women and seated herself where she was before.

The sky was colored in orange when a howl of victory rung out in the evening air and all the woman and children rushed out to see what was going on. Belle included as she and Fay smiled at the sight of Kaden and hundreds of wolves trotting towards them.
"Is it over?" Fay asked hopefully.
Kaden nodded, "Lucas' pack suffered most of the casualties and those that did escape retreated into hiding."

Fay nodded her head stalking off to tend her wolves who had contributed to the victory. Jillian saddled up to her side and hugged her when she'd greeted George who had returned awhile ago. Both woman turning to face Kaden, knowing fully well who was missing.
"Where is he?" Belle's voice is as croaky.
Kaden hung his head, "He chased Lucas deep into the forest and I haven't seen him since."

Belle gulped, "Kaden, please send a search team of wolves to scout the perimeter for him."
Kaden nodded his head, "Yes Luna."
Belle twiddled with her fingers as she watched Kaden assemble a team. As Belle turned her back to she couldn't help but notice the few hundred eyes that were boring into her head. She knew she needed to reassure her pack.
"Today we showcased what it means to be a pack, a family. We fought side by side when threatened by an enemy and today we came out victorious. Unfortunately I know not everyone has made it— and some of you may have lost a loved one or been hurt but together we will move forward. Our alpha, my mate, Demetri—"

"He's missing." She said a little softer, "But Kaden and a team of wolves have gone out looking and you and I both know that Demetri will come back to us."
"Take the rest of day and relish in our victory and when I know more I won't hesitate to tell you."
Belle received approving nods and hugs from some of the woman and children as they retreated to their homes. Belle turned her back when George suddenly stepped in front of her, "Your speech was inspiring." He gave her a nod of approval, "You may not be a wolf but your heart is."

Belle smiled as he placed an arm on her shoulder, "He'll turn up soon. He wouldn't leave you so soon."
Belle nodded trying to smile a little as George took her silence as his leave. Belle looked around taking in the different faces and felt a sense of pride and courage course through her, causing her to make a rash decision and run straight into the mouth of the woods.