Eighteen

Belle has never really thought about sex; but here she was the morning after with a blush to her cheeks as she thought about what could have been last night if she hadn't stopped it. She shivered as her memory recalled Demetri's lips on hers and the way his hands roamed her body. She let out a sigh and rolled over to face Demetri who was still asleep. His curly hair covering his forehead and she smiled at her mate as she heard a faint mumble leave his lips.

She placed a chaste kiss to his forehead before rolling out from under his arms and walking to the shower. When she came out of the shower, he was still asleep and Belle smiled softly, deciding to let him get his beauty rest, he'd been through enough since yesterday and after his injury, even if he was healed, Belle felt it necessary for him to recuperate. She left the room and walked into the kitchen to make some breakfast to see Ronan sitting at the table with a cup of coffee in his mug.

"Belle." Ronan greeted her smiling politely.
"Hi" she squeaked out as she went into the fridge, "How are you feeling?" She asked him.
He shrugged, "If I'm honest, stressed— my second in command sent a message for me this morning that two of my men have gone missing."
Ronan shook his head, running his fingers through his hair, "The rogues haven't been attacking my boarders for the most part but this isn't the first time some of my wolves have gone missing."

It was weird to have Ronan confiding in her but she smiled to herself, he'd accepted her.
"You think the wolves that are missing are joining the rogues...."
Ronan suddenly nodded slowly and sighed, "Are the people in your pack happy?" Belle asked curious.
If they're unhappy that could be the reason that they're going, she thought to herself.
She saw Ronan take a deep breath, "My pack wants their Luna and I haven't been able to find her."

She felt Ronan's energy go down, he looked utterly exhausted and even though she didn't know him well, she felt for him.
"You'll find her soon." Belle's attempt to be optimistic only made him smile.
"I wish as I was as positive as you."
Ronan took a long sip of his coffee, "Yesterday you said you felt Demetri's pain right?"

Belle nodded at his question as he looked thoughtful, "But nothing appeared on your skin? No mark? Or blood?"
"No nothing like that" she shook her head.
Ronan nodded, "It's very interesting that you could felt his pain.... and I hope for your sake it's a one time thing because of this continues depending on the severity of the pain it could be life threatening for you."

Belle gulped, "I hope so too."
Ronan nodded before they were joined by Fay whom had dark bags under her eyes and a torturous expression on her face, "I'm completely exhausted." She whispered taking a seat beside Belle.
"Didn't you sleep?" Belle asked.
Fay shook her head, "Hardly, Christopher and Gracie's room is beside mine and they were up all of last night!" She wined.
Belle's eyes widened at what she was implying and Ronan chuckled.

"I couldn't get a wink of sleep without hearing Oh my gosh Chris!" She groaned putting her head on the table .
Suddenly a happy chirp burst through the doors and Gracie's huge grin fitted onto her face, "Good morning everyone!"
Belle looked at Ronan who had a raised eyebrow and a small smile on his face.
"I believe a congratulations are in order." He stood up approaching her.

Gracie looked confused, "For the baby" he explained.
Gracie grinned, "How'd you know?" She giggled accepting the hug.
Ronan shrugged, "Call it intuition."
Gracie shook her head grinning, "Thank you!"
Christopher came tumbling in shortly after and Ronan shook his hand congratulating him as well. As it turns out Gracie had spilled the good news to Christopher late last night and as a result Fay was kept up.

In honor of it being their last day on Christopher's territory, they decided to have a lunch and as they all gathered together Belle felt content.  Demetri had joined them and was now sitting beside Belle with her hand gently tucked into his on her lap. There was happiness pouring out of her skin as Fay chuckled at what Gracie had said. Belle smiled these were her new friends. Ronan raised his glass and clinked it with hers. The troubles they were facing long forgotten as they eat and drank together into the night.

~*~

Belle didn't want to leave, she didn't have it in her to say goodbye to everyone. Although the thought of having more alone time with Demetri did excite her it wouldn't be the same without them.
"Promise to call me often!" Gracie demanded gripping her arm.
"As long as you promise to keep me updated on the baby!"
Gracie nodded, "Of course! I'll need help planning a baby shower!"

Belle has hugged both Ronan and Chris goodbye big men telling her to keep safe and take care of Demetri who only rolled his eyes. Belle glanced at Fay who had a sad smile to her lips, "It was a pleasure meeting you Belle" the wolf nodded her head.
Belle smiled as both girls wrapped each other in their arms, "We'll see each other soon."

Belle followed Demetri into the car waving as they left.

"I'm going to miss everyone." She mumbled.
Demetri chuckled, "You'll see them often, we still have this problem to contain." Demetri's voice was rough.
Belle sighed nodding her head, as they approached the house Belle suddenly felt a shiver erupt down her spine an uneasy feeling taking over her.
"What's wrong?" Demetri asked looking at her worried.
She bit her lip, "I'm not sure but something doesn't seem right...."