Twenty Seven

Belle woke up with a pain on the side of her head as her hand touched it she noticed blood. She gulped down a lump in her throat as she took in her surroundings. This was not what she expected, it was a fully furnished room and she was on a bed and her limbs were free. Belle furrowed her eyebrows, what the hell? She stood slowly trying to regain her balance as her feet took her to the door which was unlocked. Peeking out the crack she noticed the living area was clear and was about to make a dash for it until she heard a voice behind her.

"Belle." The voice was sickly familiar and Belle swiveled on her heel to see Lucas sitting at the table with a cup in his hand gesturing for her to join him.
"Come, I made for you too."
Belle narrowed her eyes at the man, calculating the scenarios of her making a run for it and him catching her and as she turned to face him she saw a sly smile spread onto his lips, "Smart girl. I had ten men waiting out there for you if you ever tried to escape." He sipped his tea.

Belle kept her composure, "What kind of kidnapper keeps their prisoner in a house in a room which was unlocked?"
Lucas suddenly chuckled out loud, "Prisoner? My dear, you're not a prisoner. You're going to be my mate."
Belle's eyes widened when Lucas smiled, and Belle took a minute to study the man who was obviously deranged, there was no way in hell that was happening.

"Why?" She asked frankly.
Lucas shrugged, "I wanted a pack, land and a mate and I will soon have all three."
Belle shivered at the way he was looking at her, "Demetri won't ever give you his land!" She spat.
Lucas' lips curled into a smile, "He will if he wants to see you again."
Belle swallowed again frowning, "You want to exchange, me for some of his land."
Lucas looked impressed, "Smart girl, but you've got it wrong. You for all of his land."

Belle tightened her fist, how was he going to keep her if he claimed he was going to have her as a mate?
"You say you're keeping me? How do you intend to do that?" She asked, trying to figure out his plan.
Lucas only waved her off, "Leave that to me,"
Belle felt a knot grow in her stomach at his words, "But since you'll be here for awhile, I suggest you get comfortable my dear."
Belle felt like throwing up as she quickly racked her brain for a plan, Demetri she mind linked him.

There was silence on the other end and Belle grew worried. Why didn't he answer her?
Demetri help! She tried again.
She could feel the tears forming in her eyes but she quickly brushed them away, she wouldn't let him see her cry. Being human was a real inconvenience right now but she would have to work with what she got.
Slowly she went back into the room she came out of and opened the window. She saw a forest of trees surrounding the house and men patrolling the outskirts and she frowned.

She was in the middle of the forest for crying out loud. How the hell was she supposed to know the way to go once she got out? And trust me she was getting out. Belle suddenly thought of Liam in the hopes he had delivered the message for Demetri and her mate had men looking for Lily, the bitch. Once they found her, she would give them answers and Demetri would soon come for her; if she didn't find a way out of this hell before. Belle continued to stare out of the window, looking as the men marched back and forth, up and down.

Demetri. She tried again mind linking him.

Come find me please baby.