Fourteen

Belle didn't know what to think about meeting the other two alphas, one being a woman at that. Her initial fear of being seen as less than hadn't completely evaporated but was less prevalent as she and Demetri walked to the room where the meeting was being held. His arm stretched across the small of her back, bringing her comfort. She still couldn't get over how good his touch made her feel.

They stopped at the front of the door as Belle let out a nervous breath causing him to peer at her.
"Everything will be okay." He assured her.
Belle nodded, smiling slightly, "They're going to love you."
She gulped, well she hoped so, as they entered Belle's eyes immediately caught the green ones of the only woman other than Gracie, Fay. Belle gulped, good god, she was gorgeous; her long dark hair fell past her shoulders in thick curls and her emerald eyes soft and kind.

Belle saw a smile come to her lips at the sight of them and shyly she smiled back. As if noticing the other stranger in the room,Belle caught sight of who she presumed was Ronan. A tall, lean man with short blonde hair and blue eyes who at the sight of her nodded his head. Demetri ushered her to a chair pulling it out for her to sit down as he took a seat on her right side, Gracie to her left.

"Ronan, Fay." Demetri acknowledged them.
The table they were seated at was circular and in the center of the room.
"Demetri," Ronan spoke up, "Long time mhm?"
Demetri smiled, "It has been hasn't it."
Suddenly Belle felt his eyes on her and a warm feeling overtook her, "Fay, Ronan, this is my mate, Belle."
The introduction caused Belle to look up from her hands and smile, "Hello." She said softly.

Her eyes darted from Ronan to Fay surveying their reaction to her.
"A pleasure." Fay spoke up, her voice was commanding and it got Belle to thinking no wonder she became on Alpha.
Belle saw the friendly smile on her lips and couldn't help but smile back.
"Mhm, Belle a gorgeous name for a gorgeous girl." Ronan smirked.

Belle blushed, a deep red overtaking her cheeks.
"Easy with the compliments Ron," Demetri muttered half jokingly.
Ronan only smiled sending Belle a playful wink. The meeting had began shortly after the pleasantries were over and Belle sat quietly as they spoke to one another about the problem at hand. Rogues.
A problem Belle knew no solution for.

"They've been terrorizing my land, and hurting my wolves!" Fay frowned, "and it needs to stop before something drastic happens."
Everyone collectively nodded their heads, before Demetri spoke up beside her, "Unfortunately, if drastic is what you're looking for, Belle and I have been threatened."
Belle listened as Demetri explained the threat Belle had received that if he didn't hand over some of his land, Belle and the rest of his family would perish. When he was done Ronan was the first the speak up, "They're getting smarter. Using Belle to get the message to you, knowing fully well she wouldn't be able to catch their scent."

Belle lowered her head a bit, it's true if she was a werewolf she would have been more of a help to the situation. The members agreed silently, "What's our next move?" Gracie asked.
Demetri spoke up then, "My primary objective is making sure Belle is safe." His hand found hers and he gave it a squeeze as he continued, "but I do have my wolves patrolling my land non stop, on the look out for intruders, after a few of my wolves were killed."

"And?" Christopher asked hopefully.
"Nothing yet." Demetri sighed.
There was a steady silence overtaking the group, "We need to draw them out, find out where they're hiding." Fay said.
The group collectively nodded their heads, "And how exactly do we do that?" Ronan asked.
There was silence again, "For now," Demetri spoke up, "We'll just keep looking, pay attention to any small sign or clue that could give us a lead."

The meeting was dismissed a few minutes after and Demetri sat talking softly with Christopher as Belle felt a tap to her shoulder. Fay stood behind her with a grin to her face, "Hi."
Belle raised her eyebrows, "Hello,"
"Have you known Demetri long?" Fay asked curiously.
Belle glanced at her mate, "It's been a few weeks."

Fay nodded, "How are you settling in as Luna?"
Belle shrugged, "Its a bit overwhelming as I'm only a human constantly surrounded by wolves that could kill me with just a swipe of their paw." Belle blushed at her admission but Fay only nodded laughing.
"I understand completely, only a bit differently. I'm supposed to lead a whole pack, but I'm for the most part the only woman surrounded by men most of the time. It's unnerving sometimes."

Belle smiled, as they continued to chit chat. It was nice, having someone to relate too even if it was only a little. It was late when Gracie made an appearance announcing that dinner was ready and that they should all head to the kitchen. Belle fell into step with Demetri who was beaming down at her, "What?" She asked curiously.
He shrugged, "Nothing, just happy I brought you along."

Belle smiled again, "I'm happy too."
She leaned her head against his shoulder content.

~*~

Dinner was over and Gracie, Fay and herself were seated in the living area with an open bottle of wine and three glasses.
"So......." Gracie slurred a bit, "Belleeeeee, gimme details about you and Demetri?"
Belle's eyes widened, "Details? What kind of.... what do you want too..."
Gracie chuckled, "You know have you two....." She whispered, "Slept together?"

Belle shook her head, "I, uh, no. We've never talked about it."
Gracie's eyes widened, "Well do you want too?"
Belle bit her lip, "Well uh.... I guess."
Gracie leaned back, "You guess! How can you guess!"
Fay cut her off, "Relax Gracie. Demetri hasn't even marked her yet."
Gracie nodded her head, realization overtaking her, "Huh, oh yeah."

Mark? The term was relatively new to her as she'd only heard it only a handful of times.
"What's a mark?" She asked.
Gracie gasped, "You don't know—"
Fay cut her off again, "It's when your mate officially claims you as his. It's the first step in the completion of the mating process."
"What exactly does he have to do?" Belle asked.

Gracie sighed, "Do they not teach humans these things anymore? Demetri would bite into your neck to mark you, only for a few seconds and then it is complete. After the marking is done, and let me tell you from experience, you will not want to ever leave his side."
Belle physically grimaced, at the thought biting her neck, "Is it painful?"
Gracie chuckled, "Oh far from it darling. At first it might sting but the pleasure after could almost come to close to as pleasurable as sex."

Belle nodded feeling weird about talking about it, "To complete the mating process, we would have to sleep with each other, right?" Belle asked and both girls nodded.
Demetri had never brought up anything like that and now Belle wondered if he even wanted to mark her.
Fay placed an arm on hers, "I can tell you're unsure," she whispered softly, as Gracie was focused on pouring herself another glass, "but don't be. Everyone can see the way he looks at you."
Belle felt slightly embarrassed that she was that transparent but nodded at Fay taking her encouragement with a smile.

~*~

A U T H O R ' S    N O T E

i've been thinking of a book for Fay?

Thoughts?