Chapter 58 || "Not Today, Satan"

Start from the beginning

"Today?" he says.

"Shut up, you know what I mean. I don't want to get pregnant until I'm married." I say. I take out a t-shirt and throw it on over my head.

"Why are you putting clothes on, babe?" he asks.

"Because I'm getting ready to go out." I say, grabbing a bralette and sliding it on under my shirt. "Maybe you should, too."

"Really? And why's that?" Shawn asks.

"Because you're driving me to Target. Now get up and get changed." I say.

"How am I supposed to get changed if my clothes are downstairs?"

"Walk."

"I'm not walking right next to your front door completely naked."

"Oh, so it was fine before because you were horny, but now you're suddenly too modest for that?" I retort.

I head out the door and down the stairs, making my way into the living room. I bend over and pick my clothes back up off the floor, and as I stand back up, I hear Shawn heading down the stairs. I think about picking his clothes up for him, but decide against it. I walk past Shawn, and as I do so, his hand comes down and slaps my ass. The sound echoes throughout the room and I look at Shawn in surprise, who just bites his lip and smirks at me.

I go back upstairs and put my underwear and sweats on, finding a pair of Uggs and sliding my feet into them as well. Shawn comes back upstairs, fully dressed. He looks at me expectantly, his eyes meeting mine.

"You ready?" Shawn asks, and I nod.

I grab my phone off my dresser and follow Shawn downstairs, swinging my purse onto my shoulder. I double-check that I have my house keys with me before stepping outside and locking the door behind us. Shawn and I walk  down the grass and to his car, climbing inside. I sit down and buckle up, looking over at Shawn to see him doing the same.

It takes us fifteen minutes to drive to Target, the traffic unusually bad today. By the time we make it to the parking lot and find a parking spot, my stomach is growling loudly. I look over at Shawn and groan, who just rubs my leg.

"What are we even doing here? What do you need to get?" Shawn asks, unbuckling his seatbelt and opening his door.

"I need aspirin. I have a killer headache." I say, and he rolls his eyes.

"You really made me drive all the way to Target just so you could buy aspirin?" he asks, beginning to walk beside me.

"Yes, I did. Plus I'm hungry, so I want to get a pretzel." I say. "I vomited practically all of my food out of me, so my body's low on energy."

"Practically? I think you did vomit everything out of you." Shawn says, grabbing my hand. "I don't know how someone so small could throw up so much."

I roll my eyes.

"Shut up, I'm not small. I'm just short." I say.

"Same difference."

Shawn and I step inside Target, and I immediately drag him over to the food section where they sell refreshments. I walk up to the cashier and order a pretzel, reaching into my purse to find money. When I look back up, the cashier is putting money in the back. I try to hand her the money, but she shakes her head.

"You already paid." she says, turning around to go get me a pretzel.

"What? No I didn't." I say, but once the words leave my mouth, I realize who did. I turn around and look at Shawn, who's standing directly behind me looking down at his phone. "Why did you do that?"

"Do what?" he asks innocently, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Don't pay for me. I have my own money, Shawn. I work." I say. I turn back around and take the hot pretzel from the worker, thanking her. I start walking away, not caring if Shawn's following me.

"What's your point?" he says.

"You don't have to pay for me. I literally just said that." I say, taking a bite out of my pretzel.

"Baby, are you really gonna start a fight with me because I paid less than $5 for your pretzel?" Shawn asks,, laughing.

"Clearly I am." I say, standing there and staring at him.

"Fine, if you want it to be equal, give me the money back." he says, and I nod.

I hand him the amount it costed for the pretzel and begin to walk towards the carts. I grab one and begin to push it.

"You're so dramatic." he says, and I look back and stick my tongue out at him.

"That's correct." I say, pushing the cart in search of the medicine aisle.

I push the cart faster and jump up on it, going down the aisle. I feel Shawn come up behind me and grab my waist, pushing me even faster. I begin to laugh, and Shawn laughs with me. I look back at him and smile, watching as his cheeks squish his eyes as she smiles big. I look forward again and suddenly a woman steps out of an aisle and a few feet in front of us.

"Shawn!" I scream, and he lets go of
me and grabs the cart to stop it. I slam forward and sit my stomach into the bar, audibly groaning.

"Are you okay baby girl?" Shawn asks, the worth evident in his tone. He helps
me down from the cart, picking me up and putting me down on the ground. He turns me around so that I'm facing him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say, and Shawn nods. He begins to lean in to kiss me, and just as our lips about to touch, I hear a familiar voice.

"Helaina? What are you doing here?"

I freeze, my blood running cold. I slowly turn around, finding myself face-to-face with my mom.

-
-
-

AN: next chapter!! sorry i was busy this week with school so i didn't have time to update.

THIS FOLLOWING PART IS VERY IMPORTANT!! PLEASE
READ IT!!! i was thinking about ending this story in the next maybe five or so chapters (give or take a few) because I already know how I want it to end and the perfect opportunity to end it is coming up soon in the next few chapters.

i was also going to write a sequel, in which it would be a (small) time jump ahead to their freshman year of college, where they're literally just starting. like the sequel would start like a few days into their first semester of their first year of college.

so my question is, would you guys be okay with this? i feel like i've made it to a point in here where I'm okay with ending it, and I already know what the premise of the sequel would be. i would also probably keep almost all of the main characters (i.e. Helaina's friends, definitely gonna keep Isaac because I love him) because everyone going to the same college is so realistic!! (sarcasm)

but yeah lmao i would keep them because it's gonna end on a cliffhanger and i want you to have a resolution (that's definitely the correct word but i can't think of it right now oh well) as to what happens with each character because there's nothing more annoying than a cliff-hanger with no answers.

also, please give me name suggestions for the sequel!! i realize this may be difficult as you have no idea what it's gonna be about except for the fact that they're in college now, but please
help anyways because i'm ass at naming books/story