Chapter 8 || "Shawn Mendes Is What's Gotten Into Me."

"I'll spin first." Charlotte offers, and no one objects. The bottle spins for a few seconds before it stops and lands on Ben. The tension in the room grows thick, as Charlotte and Kennedy make eye contact. Ever since Ben dared Charlotte to take five shots, and Charlotte fired back with Ben giving Kennedy a hickey that resulted in the now large crimson-colored bruise on the side of her neck, there has been an undeniable tension going on between the two girls. Charlotte and Ben stand up, walking over to the attached bathroom in Carson's room since it's larger than his closet.

The seven minutes go by quick for me, but beside me, I can tell Kennedy is dreading every second of it. She continuously looks down at her phone every few minutes, and when her timer goes off announcing the seven minutes are up, she jumps up and runs over to the bathroom door. She throws it open and steps inside. Charlotte comes out first, looking the same as she did when she went in. Kennedy and Ben come out next, and Ben appears untouched. They sit back down, and Kennedy leans in to whisper to Julia and me.

"They didn't kiss." Kennedy says quietly, and we nod.

"Who wants to go next?" Charlotte asks.

"I will." Shawn speaks up, and she passes the bottle to him. I anxiously hold my breath as he twists the bottle and lets go, watching as it rapidly spins in unpredictable circles. I simultaneously hope that it does and doesn't land on me. I watch as the bottle begins to slow down and the tip comes in my direction. As it slows down, I watch in slow-motion as it stops and points directly at me. I look up, and find Shawn looking at me, a barely-there smirk on his lips. Kennedy and Julia quietly squeal beside me, pushing me up to go meet Shawn. I make my way into the bathroom, not bothering to look behind me as I walk. I hear the door shut behind me, and before I have the chance to turn around and look at him, Shawn grabs onto my wrist and harshly spins me around.

My breathing becomes heavier as I look up at his caramel eyes, my mouth parted slightly as I pant. He takes my wrists and pins my arms above my head, holding them above my body and pinning me against the wall. I expect him to kiss me, but instead, he rakes his eyes up and down my body, taking in what he sees before him with greedy eyes. I want nothing more than for him to touch me in some way right now- no, I need for him to. My entire body screams for his touch, and I feel like I might explode if he our skin doesn't make contact soon in a way that isn't just his hand against my wrist.

"Shawn, please. Just kiss me already." I plead, unable to contain myself any longer.

"See baby girl, I knew I would hear you begging my name." Shawn says, his voice deeper than before, and like that, I become putty in his hands.

His lips come crashing against mine, and he lets go of my wrists, his hands falling down and trailing down my body. One of his hands flies up to my hair, and the other one goes down to my butt and I feel him grope my butt like he did before. My mouth opens and his tongue darts inside, swiping against mine. After a few seconds of this, his mouth leaves mine and I whine at the missing pressure. His mouth instead moves down to my jaw, kissing along my jawline and nipping at the skin. He moves further down my neck until he finds a spot that makes me yelp. He chuckles quietly to himself and begins to kiss the skin, before bitting down on it sucking on it. He repeats this, and the action quite literally takes my breath away. My breathing turns rigid, and my hand fly up to yank on his hair. In return, his hand grabs a fistful of my hair and pulls on it hard, earning a not-so-quite moan from me.

"Do you like that?" Shawn asks into my neck. Unable to form words, I just nod my head and bite down on my lip. He does it again, and this time, I moan even louder. "Shh, you have to be quite baby girl. Everyone out there will hear you." Shawn says.

"Just kiss me again." I tell him.

"Oh, I'll do more than that." Shawn says, lifting me up in the air. I wrap my legs around him, and he carries me over to the counter before putting me down on it. He kisses me a few more times on the lips, then moving down past my neck and making his way to my collarbone. He kisses along it and goes even lower, kissing the top of my breasts. When he begins to bite down and suck on the skin, I stop him.

"No, don't do that there." I say.

"What? Why not? Do you have a boyfriend that will kill you if he finds out?" Shawn jokes, continuing to bite down.

"No, but I do have a dad that will find you and kill you if I come home with a hickey on my boob right where he can see it." I warn him, and he nods, pulling away.

"Well then I guess we'll just have to do it where he can't see it." Shawn says, and before I have the chance to ask him what he means, he begins to lift up my tank top. Oh.

I take it off myself without thinking, and he moves closer, sucking on the skin right above where my bra stops. I throw my head back in bliss at the feeling, but once I get used to the feeling as much as possible, I lean in and begin to attack Shawn's neck with my mouth. He pulls on my hair again, making me bite down harder on his skin. This time, he's the one that groans and I feel a fire light inside me. My hands slide under his shirt, and I go to remove his shirt, but as I do so, there's a knock at the door.

"Time's up." Julia says from the other side of the door. I let go of Shawn's neck, but he's still attacking my skin. The door opens, and I see Julia standing there. Her mouth falls open and she gasps, her hands flying up to her mouth in surprise. Shawn stands straight up and looks at Julia and smirks, backing away from me.

"Here." Shawn says, handing me my shirt with a giant smirk on his face. He doesn't bother to wait for me and leaves the bathroom, strutting out into Carson's bedroom.

"Holy crap." Julia says, still staring at me in awe.

"Stop looking at me like that." I say, putting my shirt back on. I glance in the mirror, seeing a noticeable hickey on the side of my neck. I sigh, wondering how much trouble I'm going to get in for that.

I brush past Julia and walk back into Carson's bedroom, and everyone stares at me. Normally I would be mortified to have everyone know what just happened between Shawn and I, but not now. Not when I feel like this. This is the kind of high that smoking pot won't ever be able to replicate.

I sit back down beside Kennedy and Julia returns a second later.

"I've never seen this side of you before, Helaina." Julia says quietly once the game starts up again. "What's gotten into you?"

I look straight ahead and lock eyes with Shawn and reply, "Shawn Mendes is what's gotten into me."

-
-
-

AN: Hey I just uploaded three new chapters! I wrote a lot today because I wasn't doing anything and I was bored and I was in the mood to write, so here you go. Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to comment and vote!