Can't say goodbye

Start from the beginning

He's about to speak when the kitchen door opens and Michael walks in carrying Mikey and Ocean has Princess.

"Morning. I made you both some breakfast" I smile, plating the food up for them. "Thanks, but I don't think we're gonna have time for breakfast. We gotta feed these two and..."

"Don't worry about all that" I cut him off "Duncan and Neveah have already eaten and me and your father will deal with the babies. You two just relax"

"Thanks" Ocean smiles handing Princess too me and Michael does the same with Mikey. "I was thinking maybe I could take the kids shopping with me when you get back from seeing Janet. Give you two some time alone. Everybody will be out so you'll have the place to yourselves for awhile"

"Thanks, but we promised DJ and Veah we'd take them to the park when we get back"

"What about tonight? I could..."

"Why don't we just leave them to finish eating so they can go see Janet?" Joesph cuts me off, motioning me to leave the kitchen.

****
Michael's POV

"Is everything ok?" I ask my dad once mother leaves the room. "Mhm.. Why?"

"I don't know. Mother just seemed annoyed when I said we were taking the kids to the park"

"It's not too much us being here with the kids is it?" Ocean cuts in. "Because if it is then we could..."

"Of course it's not. We love have you all here" dad smiles, cutting her off. "Kathrine's just being weird. You know what's she's like"

"So how are you both feeling today?" he asks, changing the topic "I'm just worried about Janet and how she's doing" I mumble.

I've never seen Janet get so upset like the way she did yesterday and I felt awful having to leave her there. I know it's what she needs and this is the best place for her, but when she was crying like that apart of me wanted to just pack up her things and take her back home. We're going to see her after her group meeting and I'm really hoping that she'll be a little better today and that us being their doesn't make it worse.

"I spoke to Ray an hour ago" my dad says, bringing me from my thoughts. "She was really upset last night, which is pretty understandable, but she seems a little better... Nervous.. But in general she's ok" he smiles at us through pursed lips. Which puts my mind at rest a little.

"How about you?" My dad turns to Ocean. "You feeling any better today?"

"I'm not sure" she mumbles "Maybe after I've you've seen her, you'll feel better" he smiles at her through pursed lips. "You two don't need to be worrying about Janet. We have it covered. You guys concentrate on yourselves. Don't you and Princess have your birthday's coming up soon?" He asks, changing the topic and she nod. "Next week" I cut in. "Then why don't you both stay here until then" he suggests "We can't. I could only get this week off work and Ocean doesn't want to celebrate her birthday so we're just gonna do something for Princess"

"Plus we have christmas to prepare for" Ocean cuts in. "Oh yeah. I forgot you two were into that now. Never bothered with all that holiday stuff myself"

"That's because we we're always Jahovas wittness' and couldn't celebrate it" I shrug. "That was your mothers doing and Ocean's parents" he reminds us. "You guys can still celebrate the holiday if you want to" Ocean cuts in. "Nah, this holiday stuff isn't really for me and your mother and LaToya wouldn't go for it" he shakes his head. "This is a special day for you two, not me" he smiles then peaks around the kitchen door to check mother isn't listening.

"But I do love a good Christmas movie" he whispers, so she doesn't here.

Because of our families religion we never got to celebrate any of the holidays like alot of other people and last year me, Ocean and our kids celebrated it for the first time and I can't wait for us to celebrate it again.