16

Three weeks. That's all it took for my life to turn into a living hell. It was 7 in the morning on Wednesday, but I had given up, Luke had completely taken over, spitting harsh words at me in English while everyone just stood and watched because they didn't know what Luke was saying, they only saw my reaction which they thought was 'outrages' because he was always so nice to them.

I refused to open up to Taehyung because if I did Luke said he would be after me, with a bat, making me regret the day I was born. I feel tears sting the back of my eyes, I close my eyes and roll over, wondering if I should just skip school today, until my phone goes off.

TaeTae

Hey Kook, where are you?

I look at the notification on my lock screen, but I don't answer straight away. My stomach rumbled, so much for getting better, I hadn't eaten since the morning Luke came. I sigh and unlock my phone to text Taehyung back.

Hey Kook, where are you?

At home

Are you sick?

No.

Are you coming today?

Yes.

Kook, we're talking when you get to school

Alone.

I sigh and get up, getting ready and going to school. I drag my feet across the floor, girls whisper and gush, I guess people still liked me. But I didn't care. I get my books out my locker, "Kook," I hear Taehyung voice behind me. I turn around, he wasn't with Luke. "You said you were trying to get better," Taehyung says. "I did, didn't I? But I've also told a lot of other lies," I growl, turning around. "Kook, ever since Luke came you've been distant with us, he's apart of the group now, but your still my boyfriend." Taehyung tries to hug me but I step away and shake my head, Taehyung frowns. "Ever since Luke came you haven't let me hug or touch you, and you've been down right rude to him."

I laugh, "Tae, I personally couldn't care less, I don't like Luke, end of story, and maybe if you opened your eyes, you could see who he really is." Taehyung was taken back, "Jungkook, just give him a chance-," I cut Taehyung off. "You can try to tell me how much of a good guy he is but, that doesn't change the guy that he used to be, and the guy he still is, but you can't see that because your eyes are clouded, you see him as the new guy and befriend him. Just wait until the new guy effect wears off."

I couldn't wait for lunch when I could see Melanie. I sit in class, tapping my pencil on the desk, looking at the blank test paper that was given to us at the start of the lesson. I didn't even bother to do it, I knew it would come back to bite me in the future but what future did I have? The bell rings and the teacher walks around collecting our papers. She gives me a pitiful look as she collects mine. I just get up and walk off, I get out the classroom and Taehyung is waiting for me, I just keep walking.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me back, he looks at me arm, it was covered in faint scars now but there were no new cuts. "You kept my promise?" Taehyung asks, "I'm still your boyfriend dumbass, I'm not going to break my promise," I say, pulling my arm away from him and walked off. Taehyung catches up to me, "come on Kookie, give him a chance," Taehyung pleads. I sigh and turn around to him, "when will you get it? I've given him plenty of chances, he doesn't deserve another," I sigh. "If your going to keep talking about him I'm going to ignore you until you open your eyes," I growl before walking off.

I sit on the roof, looking down, I felt like I was in a deep, deep hole of depression. Everything looked dead to me, and I don't think I had been happy since Luke joined the school. "No one's stopping you," I hear Melanie say from behind me. "You know there's no point in living anymore," Melanie sighs, sitting down next to me. "I don't usually side with this but... I think you should ask your Mum about moving." I look at her with pain filled eyes, "your so depressed it makes me want to go up to your other friends and personally open their eyes," Melanie sighs.

"But their completely oblivious to your suffering, blinded by Luke's appearance in the school, so blind that they can't even see they've lost you," Melanie says. "Where would I move to?" I ask, "move back to Japan or something, this whole country has just been bad news for you, or go live with Jisoo, at least she'll protect you." I nudge her and give her a sad smile, "you protect me too," I say, Melanie smiles back at me.

"I've asked this before and I'll ask it again, what are you gonna do?" Melanie asks, "there's no point in trying to open their eyes, unless you did something I wouldn't want you to do," Melanie sighs hinting at it. "I'm so numb, Luke has been teasing me like no tomorrow," I say with a shaky voice. "If you do decide to just remember to leave a note, make sure they know what he's done to you, and remember that although it may not seem like it, they really care about you," Melanie says. I nod and smile. "Melanie, tell the teacher that I've got a head ache," I say and get up. "I'm going home."