11

Taehyung and I walked to school, "this'll be your first day back in a while right?" Taehyung checks, I nod, "a week and a month to be exact," I add. "Just a heads up, like the entire school knows what happened and decorated your locker, so don't have a heart attack okay?" Taehyung jokes. "Good to know," I giggle, Taehyung looks at me, "you've been smiling more," he states, I smile brightly at him, "is it a bad thing?" I ask, sticking my tongue out at him. "No, it's not," Taehyung sighs, sticking his tongue out in return.

I pout and look away, "you stuck your tongue out at me," I say in a huffy voice, "look here," Taehyung orders. I turn to him, still pouting, Taehyung pecks my lips, "YAH!" I yell and start to madly blush. "Your just so cute," Taehyung says, wrapping his arm around my slim waist. We walk into school. "Jungkook oppa! Your back!" Some girls yell, I just look down and keep walking. "Looks like you got yourself some fans," Taehyung jokes, "yeah I did know it was slightly cooler in here," I say in return. "Jungkook, that was so cringe," Taehyung says, cringing. I stick my tongue out again.

We get to my locker and Taehyung wasn't kidding. There was helium balloons, cards and a few teddy bears. I pull at one of the balloons, I turn to Taehyung, "what do you do when balloons are hurt?" I ask, "please don-," I cut him off, "you helium!" I say and laugh at my own pun. "I thought Seokjin was the one who makes the bad puns," Taehyung sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "HEY MY JOKES ARE LE'JIN'DARY!" We hear Seokjin yell from down the hall. I only burst out into more laughter. I calm down as Seokjin walks toward us, then I had another pun come to mind, which made me burst out into more laughter. "I need oxyJIN," I say, now Seokjin and I are dying laughing.

Taehyung ends up walking away, leaving Seokjin and I to laugh at our own stupid puns. Yoongi walks up to us, "do I even want to know?" He asks in his usual bored tone. "We're just making puns," I say, calming down. "Whatever, I'm hungry," Yoongi sighs, "bitch when are you not hungry?" Seokjin asks, "when I'm asleep," Yoongi replies back. Taehyung comes back with all his books. "Are you two done making puns?" Taehyung asks, "I don't know is there a PUNishment if we're not?" I ask, Seokjin starts cracking up again. Taehyung sighs, "come on Yoongi," Taehyung pulls Yoongi away.

As the first bell goes for lunch break I run out to go meet Melanie again, we hadn't had a chance to talk since I left the hospital. I put my books away, talking with Melanie. "Yeah I had some crazy shit happen to me when I was flat-," I feel Taehyung slap my ass. "YAH! Not in school!" I say, slapping him. "Sorry, you just have a cute little bubble butt," Taehyung says in a husky voice, "that's unbelieBUBBLE," I joke. Taehyung sighs, "what has Seokjin done to you?' Taehyung ask.

"Hey Tae, I'm going to have lunch with Melanie," I say, Taehyung nods, "Now she can suffer through all your bad puns," Taehyung jokes. Taehyung walks away after pecking my lips. "I see you have a good relationship going for you there," Melanie says and we start to walk to the roof, "yeah, he took me to this really pretty garden to ask me," I recall, thinking about it and sighed lovingly. We get to the roof and sit down, looking out. "You going to eat?" Melanie asks, "not today," I whisper. Melanie nods.

"Is he enough?" She suddenly asks, "what?" I ask in return. "Is Taehyung enough? Is he enough to keep you in this cruel world?" Melanie asks. I look out, "I'm... not sure to be honest," I answer, "but your the definition of a power couple," Melanie states. "We haven't been dating for that long you know?" I say in a 'matter-of-fact' tone. "Who even gives a shit? A couple that's been dating for a few months can have a stronger, closer, more bonded relationship than a couple that's been dating for a few years," Melanie says. 

"Now answer the question Kook, his he enough?" Melanie asks again. I look out so I could see more of the drop. "N-no," I answer, "but don't tell him I said that!" I add quickly after. "So he is? Because you wouldn't have said the other part if you meant the first part," Melanie assumes. "No, I mean I'll probably cut or try to kill myself again while dating Taehyung, but, I don't want to hurt his feelings and I've made him a promise to never cut again," I explain. "If he did find out about this conversation, then what would you do?" Melanie then asks. "Own what I said," I answer.

Melanie smiles at my response. "Melanie, when I was flat lining, in my head I could see them all," I say. "Explain more," she says. "I mean I could see depression, anxiety, self hate, self harm, social anxiety and anorexia, like they were people and their names would be like Ana and Depression." Melanie nods. "I don't know what that's about Kook, maybe it's what you subconsciously value the most?" Melanie guesses. "Comforting that I subconsciously value my mental illnesses more that my friendships," I sigh.

Melanie rolls her eyes, "let me word it differently, it's what controls you the most," Melanie re-words. I open my mouth but then shut it again, she was absolutely right, my illnesses have full control over me. "Then again, I'm just guessing," Melanie adds after a few seconds of silence. I turn to her, it seemed like Melanie's eyes were always in pain. "Have you ever been in love?" I ask. Melanie turns to me, "once," Melanie answers. "Her name was Jennie Kim," Melanie says, looking up to the sky as she says her name. "But then I moved, leaving her behind," Melanie's once loved filled voice goes back to being sad, I really just wanted to hug her at that moment.