1

9:04.

Bright Light.

Pulse.

23.

Stable.

9:04.

Bright Light.

Pulse.

23.

Stable.

9:04.

Bright Light.

Pulse.

23.

Stable.

9:04.

Bright Light.

Pulse.

23.

Stable.

-

The wind rushes through my hair, the sound of blood pumping through my ears. My life flashes before my eyes, remembering all the good times, they start to replay in front of my eyes. I see Melanie look over the edge as I fall, she had tears in her eyes. I reach my hand out for her as I do I crash against the cold water. I close my eyes briefly only to open them once I was completely under the water. I breath out, letting my body become heavy, sinking to toward the bottom. I breath out the last of the air. I breath in the water, it burned my lungs. My body starts to feel limp, I started to cry. I try to breath out but I couldn't, everything starts to go hazy and I close my eyes, losing all feeling in my body as I let death take me away.

-

"What time did he jump off?"

"About 9:04!"

-

I struggle to open my eyes

"Bright Light."

-

"WE'RE LOSING HIM!"

"CHECK HIS PULSE!"

-

"Put him in emergency room 23."

-

"HE'S NOT STABLE!"

-

I can't remember it well, but it's there, the first time my father hit me. I was about five years old, coming home from a good day of school as usual. I was happy, Mum was happy, Dad was happy. We were happy. I walked into the house but, as soon as I did it didn't feel the same as it once had. "Mummy?" I called out, I see Dad sitting on the couch, there was a lot of beer cans surrounding him. "Daddy?" I ask, walking around so I could see his face. Something about him made me feel unsafe, as if he was a stranger in my father's body.