4

It had been a few hours of listening, mumbling the same words over and over; I was boring myself. "So Melanie," Taehyung started, "w-were you there?" Taehyung asks, "explain," Melanie says, I could only guess she wasn't looking at him. She had told me some things about how she only picks a few people to befriend, otherwise she'll be nice, to an extent. "Look, there's a big bad world out there, I'm fully aware of that, that's why I'm preparing myself now, I don't need a big group of friends and people coming at me left and right wanting to date me. Keep a low profile and choose the people who YOU think are worthy into your life.

That doesn't I'll be rude and sassy to everyone I meet, I'll be nice but, only to an extent." I recall her saying. "When Jungkook jumped," Taehyung says shakily, "I was there," Melanie says with no further comment. "Could y-you not catch him in t-time?" Taehyung asks. "No, I could've stopped him," Melanie says. Sometimes I wondered if she was a baby genius or just really stubborn. "What?" Taehyung exclaims. "I could've stopped him," she repeats, "no, I heard you but, YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED HIM?" Taehyung yells. "Yes, I literally just said that," she says, I imagine Taehyung standing up while she sits down, not looking at him only to give him a 'you-stupid-or-what?' look.

"Why the fuck wouldn't you stop him?" Taehyung asks, I could hear the anger in his voice. I hear Melanie sigh, "why should I interfere with his decisions?" Melanie asks. "Because he was going to KILL himself," Taehyung says. "If a horse breaks it's leg, you'd put it down, as sad as it is, you wouldn't jump out and say, 'DON'T PUT THAT HORSE DOWN!' Cause you'd be a monster, letting the horse live in misery." I hear Taehyung angrily sigh, "that's completely-," Melanie cuts him off, "if you say that's completely different then I'll tell you otherwise," she warns. 

"It is completely different! You'd put a horse down if it had broken it's leg because there is a very small chance of it being able to get better. You'd stop someone from killing them self because-," Melanie cuts him off. "Because what? Stopping someone from killing them self is like someone stopping someone from putting a horse down. The person is sick, not physically, mentally, which can be just as dangerous. They live there everyday life, probably wanting to cut or cutting, Jungkook doesn't eat for fucking sake! He lives everyday in his life WISHING he'd know why one day when he was a boy, his father hit him. He wants to DIE every single day! Even a blind person could see that.

He's living in complete and utter misery! It's like watching a horse with a broken leg try to walk, he is struggling with depression, self harm, self hate, anxiety, social anxiety and fucking anorexia. His own father won't refer to him by his name, so I think yeah, if I had stopped Jungkook, it'd be like stopping someone from putting a horse down. It's just making him endure more pain."

Taehyung doesn't say anything in rebuttal. I just hear the sound of a chair moving against the floor, probably him sitting down.

"9:04,

Bright Light.

Pulse.

23.

Stable"

I wish my unconscious self would pick some different words to say, I was getting sick of saying the same things over and over. "I-is that really h-how you see the world?" Taehyung asks, "oh, if people knew how I saw the world there'd be a whole different story," Melanie says. "How did you and Jungkook actually meet?" Taehyung asks. "Promise me you won't spew out any of your simple minded 'facts'?" Melanie asks. "Simple minded-... yes," Taehyung says, offended. "Okay so I found Jungkook on the roof one day, the day before all of this happened actually, so I went up to him and said 'you could end it all' to which he didn't respond so I went and sat down next to him and said 'you could, no one's stopping you.' And then we got into a long conversation, but the bell went so I gave him my number and walked away.

He texted me that afternoon and asked me to meet him at the park, and I did, we got ice cream, he told me his story and well I had already told him mine." I hear Taehyung hum . "He talked about you a lot you know? He spoke of you with so much fondness, he said, and I quote 'I really like Taehyung but, I'm afraid I'm a burden to them and they're just taking pity on me.' It was so full of love," Melanie recalls. I feel someone hold my hand, I assume Taehyung. "H-he never told me his story," he mumbles. "Don't get petty, he told me because I came at him straight forward, I spoke about what was on our minds, even if we didn't want to admit it, I told him mine and it was his choice to open up."

Taehyung sighs, "I wish I hadn't been an asshole, I screamed about his father problems pretty much out to the class." I could hear in Taehyung's voice that it was said with regret. "Don't be too hard on yourself, Honey, I knew it was going to happen sometime, as soon as he told me about you," Melanie says. "What do you mean?" Taehyung asks. "I mean, as soon as he started telling me about you I knew sooner or later, you were going to get angry, scream out his biggest secret, only to regret it later and wish you had never opened your mouth."

Taehyung was silent again. "I also could tell you were a good kid and you know what?" Melanie asks, "what?" Taehyung replies, "you are." I didn't know for sure but I could tell that he was smiling. "Jungkook likes you, and more than just a friend, even though he might not even know that," Melanie jokes slightly. Bitch exposing me to the world. I was fine with it though. I could feel my unconscious body's lips be pulled back into a smile. "Sometimes I wonder if he can hear what we're saying," Taehyung sighs.

"9:04.

Bright Light.

Pulse.

23.

Stable."