Chapter 81

"IM SOOO BOORREEDDD!" I whine. It's after 2AM, Mason left around 11. The girls and I are lying around in the theatre watching episode after episode of The Simpsons.

"Ughh, MEE TOOO!" Julia moans.

"How the hell are we bored in this house?" Karen asks to nobody in particular.

"I have no clue. Whelp, ima go check out this so called music studio of yours." I tell them.

I jump up from my seat on the couch and walk across the hall to the studio door.

I open it.

I scream.

I slam it shut and run back to the theatre.

"HALLE! WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME A SINGER WAS IN YOUR HOUSE!?" I shriek.

"What are you talking abou- OOHHHHH! Emily must be home." She says.

"WHO THE FUCK IS EMILY!? IM TALKING ABOUT FUCKING LANDON AUSTIN IN YOUR HOUSE!"

"Emily is my sister thank you very much, also known as Emily Lloyd the YouTuber or Emily Lloyd, Landon's girlfriend." Halle smirks.

"And why is he in your house at, 2:34 AM!?" I ask her.

"I don't know. He's always here." She shrugs.

"But I wanna use the studio.."

"Finee... I'll go kick them out. You better not scream again, Em will kick your ass." I roll my eyes and follow her out into the hall.

"I'll be good, mom." Halle scoffs and opens the studio door.

Landon is sitting on the leather couch with a guitar and a girl with the most beautiful golden blonde hair next to him.

"Out. Jaycee wants to use it." Halle demands. Geez, bossy..

"Alright, I'll go." Landon says and gets up.

"Sorry for screaming earlier.." I mumble.

"It's alright. I'll just be going. I'll see you tomorrow Em." He chuckles.

I fix my attention on the grand piano in the corner of the room. It's a beautiful sleek black C.Bechstein grand piano. I've only seen one once, in the window of a really fancy restaurant.

I make my way over to the piano, standing next to it. I run my fingers over the smooth wood. I press a few keys, and the sound gives me chills.

"Do you play?" Emily, I'm guessing, asks me.

I nod, a dreamy smile evident on my face. I take a seat on the leather bench. I run my fingers over the keys, familiarizing myself with the instrument.

I began to play Angels by The XX.

I don't sing, just play. Getting lost in the music. My hands begin to move on their own, playing the keys and creating a beautiful sound.

The room is silent, other than the piano. When I play it feels almost as if time slows down, like everything just stops.

Once I finish the song, I turn around to be met with nine smiling faces.

"That was amazing. Do you write your own songs?" Emily asks.

"No. I started one, a few years ago, but I never finished it." I tell her.

"You should finish it. I'd love to hear it. Maybe I can help you with a video for it?"

"Well, it's not exactly a music video kind of song, it's a little depressing.." I say.

"Wait, Jaycee, are you talking about the one about-" Cece starts, I cut her off.

"Yeah. That one."

"Well you should finish it." Emily says.

"Maybe I will." I shrug.

A phone beeps and Tiffany pulls hers out to check it. Her eyes widen and next thing we know, she's running around screaming.

"WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING!?" Jordan yells over Tiffany's screaming.

Tiffany runs over to Jordan, showing her something on her phone. Jordan had the same reaction, as she starts shaking and looks like she's about to faint. Mackenna snatches the phone from Jordan's grasp, and after she processes the words on the screen, she squeals, jumping around like an excited little kid.

"CHRISSY AND KYLIE ARE HAVING A MEET AND GREET TOMORROW!!!" Mackenna screams at the top of her lungs.

"Who?" Cece asks, taking the words right from my mouth. The three gasp, sending us crazed looks.

"What?"