Chapter 63

{Jaycee's POV} (she's dreaming)

"MAHĒ! HURRY UP BEFORE YOU GET US CAUGHT!" My sister whisper screams at me.

"IM COMING BUBBLES!" I yelled back as I began to climb the barbwire fence.

"I told you to stop calling me that, squirt!"

"You'd miss it if I stopped." I said and jumped down from the fence.

"You're right. Good thing you don't ever stop." She replied and nudged my arm.

"What are we even doing here?" I ask my sister.

"Pineapple picking." She tells me. "Look for ones about the size of your head."

I nod at her and begin looking through the rows of pineapples. Alex told me that pineapple picking was like a right of passage. Her best friends' sister took them when they were my age.

"BUBBLES! I THINK I FOUND ONE!" I yell to my sister. She runs over to me and looks at it.

"Perfect. Nice find, squirt." She says and hi fives me.

"Can I pick it!?" I ask excitedly.

"Yeah, just twist and pull. Like you did when your tooth was loose." I lost a tooth last week. My first one too.

I twisted the fruit and pulled on the top.

"Yay! I did it!" I squealed and held my prize in the air for my sister to see.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU KIDS DOING IN HERE!" A man yells at us.

"Come on squirt! Run!" Alex yells at me, pulling me back towards the fence.

We quickly hop back over the fence and make a mad dash for home. Once we round the corner in front of auntie JoJo's house, Alex slows down.

"Mahē, when we get home, dad's gonna cut the pineapple for us ok?"

"Why can't I do it!?" I whine.

"Because you're four and aren't allowed to use knives." She replies.

"Can we at least put Li Hing Mui on it?" I ask.

"I'm not sure if we have any." Alex tells me.

"PLEASE!" I beg, tugging on her arm.

"I'll ask mom ok? If we don't have any maybe we can go get some."

"Yay!"

I skip all the way back to our house while Alex follows close behind me. I push open the front gate and see my daddy sitting on the front porch, reading the morning paper.

"Hi daddy! Look what I got!" I say and show my dad the pineapple.

"Where did you get that sweetie?"

"We picked it!"

"At auntie JoJo's!" Alex adds quickly. "She had a few growing in her yard and told us we could bring one home. Come on Mahē, let's put that in the kitchen."

Daddy goes back to his paper and Alex ushers me into the kitchen.

"Bubbles, are we going surfing again tonight?" I ask and put the pineapple on the counter.

"Sure, but remember, mom and dad can't know." She says quietly.

I nod and run back out to the front porch to see dad.

{Cece's POV}

Jaycee has been asleep since yesterday. Yeah, it's the next day now. We've been at the hospital for about 16 hours now. Jaycee still hasn't woken up, nobody has left her room except to get food or use the bathroom, and people are still going with the hashtag.

Trevor hasn't talked to anyone and won't leave her side. Same with Jc. Neither of them slept at all last night, while the rest of us got a little more than nothing.

Ricky feels really bad about the whole thing. Nobody is giving him a hard time or blaming him, but he just can't get over himself.

Connor has been keeping me company, and Kian and Sam have either been sleeping, eating, wandering around the hospital, or answering fans' questions and keeping them posted on what's happening with Jaycee; which isn't much.

The doctor informed us that if she doesn't wake up before noon, they'll run some tests to see if she's slipped into a coma. I hope she doesn't. As much as she annoys me sometimes, I miss her annoying me.

{Ricky's POV}

Why didn't I stop tickling her? She was laughing and smiling, but she couldn't breathe.

I'm surprised nobody has yelled at me. Poor Trev. He loves her and he's blaming himself for all this when it's clearly not his fault. It's mine.

What I don't understand is that if Trevor loves her so much, then why did he break up with her. I know it was because of those pictures, but if they said nothing was going on, then nothing was going on. Part of relationships is trust, and if you can't trust them, then someone's gonna end up hurt.

I am the master of love. Why don't I have a girlfriend?

{Trevor's POV}

This is all my fault. If I hadn't have broken up with her, then she would've gone on that drive when they were supposed to. If they went on the drive when they were supposed to, then they wouldn't have went for lunch, Ricky wouldn't have chased her and tickled her, and she wouldn't be possibly in a coma.

Why did I break up with her? I know her and Keaton didn't do anything, I guess I was just jealous. Jealous that she had a fun day with a guy who wasn't me.

I know it's a really lame excuse, but it's the truth. When she wakes up, I'm gonna hug her and ask her to take me back.

I just hope she'll forgive me.

{Jc's POV}

I can't believe my baby girl is in the hospital. I haven't talked to anyone, and neither has Trevor. He feels really bad. Well he should. He broke my little girls' heart.

If Jaycee wasn't unconscious in the hospital, and if she hadn't told me not to say anything, I would have already cussed him out and given him the silent treatment.

The past few weeks have been extremely eventful. I adopted Jaycee, we throw her a huge surprise birthday, Connor adopted Cece, Jaycee and Trevor got together, the girls met E3, Trevor broke up with Jaycee, and now we're in a hospital because Jaycee is unconscious. WHATS NEXT!?

{Connor's POV}

My coffee buddy. She's in the hospital. I can't imagine how Cece must be feeling. Having your best friend in the hospital? Yeah, my sister has been to the hospital when she broke her arm, but Cece and Jaycee's bond is three times as strong as mine with my sister.

Cece doesn't seem that fazed by it though. I know this has happened to her before, and Cece was there, but it's not something that you should get used to.

I can't imagine what Jc must be feeling either. I mean, his best friend breaks up with his adopted daughter, then his other best friend knocks her out by tickling her.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, a day in the life of Jaclyn Rose Caylen.

{Kian's POV}

How does someone get tickled so much that they pass out? I honestly didn't know that was possible. Well, as you can see, it obviously is possible.

Andrea thought I was losing my mind when I told her that. Then she kinda panicked. Andrea thinks of Jaycee and Cece as little sisters. Same with Jenn.

The fans have been going insane asking about Jaycee. I've been answering questions, following some fans, talking to them through DM.

The whole thing takes my mind off Jaycee, and why we're here. If I think too much about it, I know I'll start crying along with everyone else.

{Sam's POV}

Ricky is such an idiot. Everyone knows, when you tickle someone, if they start hyperventilating, YOU STOP TICKLING THEM.

Tho things have been keeping my mind off this whole situation: 1, the fans, and 2, my girlfriend. I love her.