Chapter 74

"How about we make up for a crappy week of school and see a movie Friday night?" Mason asks.

IS MASON ASKING ME OUT ON A DATE!?!!?

"Uh, sure. Friday night." I reply with a grin.

"Awesome. Let me get your number?" I nod and we exchange phones.

I type my contact into his phone just as the bell rings. I hand Mason his phone back and he gives me mine.

"Well I guess you missed your last class. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. See you tomorrow." I say and leave towards the front gate.

"I'LL TEXT YOU!" I hear Mason yell as I walk away smiling.

I have a date. I, Jaclyn Rose Caylen, have a date. I've never gone on a date before. What if I screw this up? What if he doesn't come? What if the guys don't let me go? MY CERFEW IS EIGHT HOW THE HELL IS THIS SUPPOSED TO WORK!?!!? I guess I could ask for a curfew extension? What will Trevor think? WAIT, WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT HE THINKS!? I guess he doesn't have to know. Why should it matter though? We broke up. I've moved on. I have a date with Mason. What am I gonna wear? Gosh, that sounded so girly, gross. I could always ask Cece-

"JAYCEE! HURRY UP AND GET YOUR FATASS IN THE CAR!!" Cece's scream snaps me out if my thoughts.

I hurry into the backseat and pull my seatbelt on. Cece is in the seat next to me, with Connor and Jc up front. I guess I'll ask them about the curfew extension..

"Hey, guys? Could I possibly get a curfew extension this Friday?" I ask. I cross my fingers.

Please say yes. Please say yes. Please say yes.

"Why do you need a curfew extension?" Jc asks. Well shit.

"Um, ihaveadate." I mumble really fast.

"YOU WHAT!?!!?!" Cece shrieks. I guess she understood me..

"You understand what she said?" Connor asks.

"YES. WHO IS IT!?" Cece asks me.

"Mason.." I tell her.

"WHO THE FUDGECAKES AND PIXIES IS MASON!?" She screams.

"I met him in the halls." I shrug.

"Is that why you weren't in class?" Cece asks.

"YOU WEREN'T IN CLASS!!?!" Jc interrupts.

"I GOT LOST! You ditched me and I was trying to find the class when some kid runs me over. He, for some reason was skating down the halls. We were talking, he asked me out, we exchanged numbers, and here we are." I explain.

"Well, no. You're not going on that date." Jc says sternly.

"WHAT!? Why not!?" I ask.

"Because I said so. End of discussion."

Geez. When did you become the king? Oh, that's right. When you adopted me.

The rest of the car ride was silent. How was I gonna go on this date? I could always sneak out? Yeah, that might work. Cece would have to cover for me though. I need to think this out.

As soon as Connor parks the car, I run up to my room as fast as possible. Cece runs after me and we sit on the bed.

"Sooo. Jaycee's got a date, huh?" Cece nudges me.

"If I can go." I mutter under my breath, but of course, she understood me.

"I'll help you. We'll figure it out." She assures me.

"Thanks Cece."

"No problem, but what about Trevor?" She asks.

"What about Trevor?" I repeat.

"He still likes you.. You still like him.. You're going on a date with another guy.. You don't think he's gonna care?" She presses.

"He shouldn't. I told you already, I'm over him." I tell her.

"Denial is not just a river in Utah." She shrugs.

"You stole that from iCarly."

"DONT CHANGE THE SUBJECT!"

"Ugh, are you gonna help me with this date or not!?" I shriek.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Fineeeee..." She says way to dramatically

"Drama queen."