Chapter 9

I'm standing outside the living room. I'm watching all the guys laughing with each other and having fun. I hear a voice.

'They're just gonna leave you.'

"No! They'd never leave me!" I say.

'They don't care, they never did!'

"Yes they do! They want me here!"

'Who would want you?'

"..." I stay silent, starting to cry.

'You should just kill yourself now.'

"No, they would miss me, and Cece would too!"

'Says the little homeless girl with no family.'

"This is my home! And the boys are my family!" I scream.

'Just end it!'

"I'm not listening."

'You should. Do it!'

"No." I argue.

'Do it!' The voice screams.

"No!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I jolt awake. I sit up, teary eyed.

It's still dark outside, I see the boys standing sleepily in my room with scared/worried faces. I continue to cry and Jc comes to comfort me. I get those nightmares a lot. Cece would always be there for me. We just called them 'The Voices'. I started hearing them after I was 8 & a half, and the younger kids would make fun of me because I never got adopted... And another incident that happened about a month before. Those kids were really evil.

{Jc's POV}

After I carry Jaycee up to bed, the guys and I decide to go to bed too. I go up to my room and change into some sweat pants. I flop down on my bed and sigh. I soon close my eyes and fall asleep.

I wake up to Jaycee's voice. I get up out of bed and walk out into the hall. It sounds like she's arguing with someone. I open her door, only to see her asleep in her bed. She's sweating and shaking and crying.

"Yes they do! They want me here!" She yells in her sleep. I run out and pound on all the guy's doors. I run back into Jaycee's room, soon followed by the guys.

"No, they would miss me, and Cece would too!" She yells. The guys and I just stand there not knowing what to do. We are all starting to cry ourselves.

"This is my home! And the boys are my family!" She screams. By this point all of us are crying. I decide to try to wake her up.

"Jaycee?" I try to wake her.

"I'm not listening!" She argues.

"Jaycee wake up!" I talk a little louder and shake her.

"No!" She yells and I continue to shake her.

"No!" She screams and her eyes shoot open.

She sits up and looks out her window. She then looks to us and cries even harder. I sit next to her and hug her. She hugs back and cries into my chest. We sit there for a while and just cry. She stops crying and pulls away. She looks up at me and wipes my tears. We laugh a little and hug again.

"I love you daddy." She whispers.

"I love you too baby girl." I whisper back to her.

The guys are still just standing there, but now Ricky's taking pictures of us and the other two are just awwing. She pulls away and looks at Ricky.

"What time is it?" She asks.

"Uhh." He checks his phone. "Almost 6." We all moan and the guys decide to go back to bed. I stay to make sure she's ok.

"Are you ok?" I ask after the guys leave. She nods and stares out the window.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her. She nods again. I wait for her to begin talking.

"I was standing outside the living room, looking in. All six of you were in there talking, having a good time. I was smiling, watching you guys." She says quietly. I nod waiting for her to continue.

"I heard the voices. Telling me you'll leave me. That you didn't care and never did. They told me I was homeless and had no family. They told me to kill myself, but I didn't listen." She tells me. I break down and start to cry again. How could someone say that to her? I hug her and she laughs a little.

"I'm so sorry." I tell her after we pull away.

"It's ok. It was just a dream." She tells me and wipes my tears and smiles. I smile and hug her again.

"Just remember, we would never leave, we love you too much to." I tell her and she nods. She pulls away and lies down in her bed. I smile at her and stand up.

"I'm going back to bed for a few hours." I say. I go to turn away, but she grabs my hand.

"Can you stay?" She asks me.

I smile and nod. She moves over to the other side of her bed so I can lie down with her. I flop down next to her and she snuggles into me. I put my arm around her and we fall asleep.