nine. (iii)

Time skip, Five days later

It's Jisoo's birthday, and Jisoo was sent out to stay with his parents for the day, the only company he had brought with him was his two baby boys.

Yes two, Jisoo and Seokmin had adopted the baby boy that was left at their doorstep. And quite honestly, they made the best decision as sweet little Mingyu was so adorable and such a bubbly baby.

It did take time for him to adjust to new parents, but he adjusted rather well. Both Seokmin and Jisoo were thankful for that.

Now while Jisoo was away at his parent's house, the remaining six children were gathered at the kitchen table, Seokmin feeding them breakfast.

"It's Mommy's birthday. So what are we gonna do for him?" Seokmin looked around at his kids. It seemed like Soonyoung had an idea as he couldn't sit still in his seat, his twin brother kept patting at his arm, telling him to calm down.

Soonyoung smiled brightly at Jihoon, his eyes disappearing as he did. The boy then looked up at his dad, his food now swallowed.

"Birthday dinner? Or...another party?" The boy smiled sheepishly before continuing to eat. Seokmin nodded his head as be leaned over to wipe Soonyoung's messy face.

"Another party? We have a few hours..." He looked up at the ceiling, biting his lip as he thought over what they could do.

"Jeonghan, Seungcheol, you'll call the guests, you two capable of that?" Seungcheol nodded his head, "We're eight dad, we can work the phones." He smiled as the two of them gave their dad a thumbs up.

Seokmin nodded his head and turned to his younger ones. "And you guys, can be in charge of decorating and helping me cook."

Wonwoo furrowed his eyesbrows and looked up at his dad. "Daddy, we're four not eight, we no cook." He frowned and shook his head, but nonetheless he agreed to helping.

It was about several hours later, around four in the afternoon when guest had started to come in.

Jisoo had called in saying his parents were giving him and the two babies a ride home, and that they'll be home soon.

With this news Seokmin had quickly gathered everyone into the living room, telling them to hide. Once everyone was in place, Seokmin turned the lights off before moving off to hide somewhere too.

Keys were jingled before the front door had opened. "Oh?" Jisoo glanced around, before facing his parents, who were carrying the two one year olds. "Did they go somewhere..."

Jisoo turned the lights on and was soon greeted with a loud "SURPRISE!", which caused him to jump back a bit before covering his mouth and laughing.

The Lee kids came running over to hug their mother, each one greeting him with a 'happy birthday mommy!' And a kiss on the cheek.

Seokmin came around, bringing his husband into a hug before pecking his lips and wishing him a happy birthday too.

The rest of the party was filled with Jisoo enjoying his time with his family and friends.  He smiled at the handmade gifts his kids had given him as well as the messily decorated birthday cake that his kids had also helped decorate.

Truly Jisoo was thankful for it all and he couldn't ask for better birthday.

Author's Note

So yes the baby in the cold was none other than Kim Mingyu.

And yes this is like a month in advance to both Christmas and Joshua's birthday, but I have so many things planned for this book.