14 » In The Hospital

[EDITED]

Zayn was immediately taken to the hospital. Yaser was in the ambulance with the unconscious Zayn. Trisha, Doniya and Harry following close behind in car.

The sight of a bloodied Zayn made doctors yell instructions and nurses run around. He was immediately taken to the emergency room, leaving Harry, Trisha, Yaser and Doniya out.

All of them were in great despair. Trisha was crying silent tears, Doniya was sobbing in her mother's arms, Yaser wanted to cry but remained calm from outside for his daughter and Harry, the poor lad was sobbing so deeply that it was difficult for him to breath.

It was his fault! If only he never returned in Zayn's life then he would've been dead instead of Zayn!

"Harry!" Renee yelled when she spotted him, Beth following close behind. They both had nearly had a heart attack when Harry called them and informed them about the incident.

Renee crossed quite a number of red lights as she drove to the hospital while Beth, sitting in the passenger's seat, clutched the steering wheel in order to stop the car from going out of control.

"What happened?!" Beth asked frantically. Both of them had been in such a rush that they had forgotten to breath, let alone cry! But now, as Beth took breaths, the realisation of Zayn laying on a hospital bed, fighting for his life, finally hit her and she couldn't stop the tears.

"I -" Harry, who had started getting a lot calmer, choked out "He - he fell down the s - stairs."

Tears started flowing down again Harry's cheeks again. It's been 2 hours and there wasn't any news of his Zayn. His vision was getting blurred. He can't breath as he sobbed. He wanted to scream and cry but restrained himself.

"Zayn Malik?" a nurse asked, coming out of Zayn's room.

"Us!" Harry jumped to his feet, ignoring the way Yaser glared at him. He could care less about him right now. All he cares about was that Zayn was okay.

The nurse smiled at him kindly, giving them all a reassuring gaze and her warm glance soothed their tension a bit.

"He's alright." the nurse said "He is very lucky he didn't hit his head or it would have led serious consequences but fortunately, he has only a few broken bones and some minor injuries, nothing else."

"C - Can we see him?" Beth asked. She had started crying again from relief and Renee drew reassuring circles on her back.

"No, not right now." the nurse said "He is sleeping right now. He still needs plenty of rest. You may see him tomorrow, not today, I'm afraid as it's getting pretty late. I suggest you all to take some rest yourself."

"T - Thank you." Doniya sighed in relief, wiping her years.

Harry collapsed on the chair. Zayn, his Zayn was okay. He was terribly happy.

And hopefully, Harry thought, things would remain like this.