2 » Have Lunch With Us?

[EDITED]

There were many gasps and murmurs like 'Look! It's Harry!', 'Harry's back!' and 'Harry came back!' were heard.

Zayn, on the other hand, was completely frozen. He slowly lifted his head and his whole body jolted in surprise.

There, in front of the class, stood Harry Styles. The boy who broke his heart 1 year ago.

He still looked the same. His hair was as curly and messy as before, he still had that beautiful, innocent face. The only thing that seemed to change was his eyes. They seemed duller. Like, someone sucked the life out of them.

"You may take a seat, Harry." Mr. Topaz said and Harry gave him a smile. His tired eyes scanned the whole class and that's when their eyes met.

Brown met green.

Green met brown.

Harry hastily broke the eye contact and looked away. He finally found a seat at the front and took it without saying anything.

-*-*-*-

"Hey! Harry, wait!" Renee shouted. It was lunch and she was determined to befriend Harry.

"Yes?" Harry stopped, turning around to face the blonde.

"Would you like to have lunch with me and Zayn?" Renee asked, looking at him with hopeful eyes.

"You're friends with Zayn?" Harry asked.

"He is my boyfriend, actually." Renee said "So, will you?"

"I don't think your boyfriend would like that" Harry said. It sounded a bit harsh and he hoped feverishly that Renee didn't notice.

"Please. I'll talk to him." Renee said.

"I guess so..." Harry sighed in defeat.

"Yay!" Renee cheered "Let's go!"

"Wait! I don't even know your name!"

"Oh, sorry." Renee blushed in embarrassment "I am Serena Yvonne or Renee"

"...and that's how I pulled him to have lunch with me." Renee explained after Zayn asked her why she brought this 'fake doll' to have lunch with them. Rather furiously, she may add.

"Look Renee, I don't think Zayn wants me here." Harry said "And the last thing I want is your boyfriend getting mad at you."

'He said it so casually.' thought Zayn 'Like he doesn't care if I date someone else.'

But he also felt a bit bad. Harry was only his past. So, he shouldn't be so rude to him, right? So, he swallowed his pride and with great difficultytold Harry he could stay.

To say, that the whole time they were eating lunch was awkward, would be an understatement.

But Renee, who hadn't ever met Harry because she joined this school after Harry left, believed that Harry was not as bad as Zayn is implying and he definitely wasn't a 'fake doll'.

And she was really, really stubborn.