5 » Developing Feelings

[EDITED]

"This is fun!" Beth declared, giggling as she and Renee came out of another shop.

"It is." Renee smiled, gawking at how beautiful Beth is, with her wavy brown hair and clear, blue eyes.

They were currently in the mall for some 'girl's time'.

Beth had now joined their little group. It took her a whole week to warm up to them, but she did, and boy, isn't she funny!

"Want some food?" Renee asked and Beth was more than happy to agree. She was starving!

After they ordered and got comfortable on one of the tables of the food court, Renee decided to ask the question she had been dying to ask.

"What happened between Zayn and Harry?" Renee asked.

Beth chocked on her food, her eyes wide. Renee immediately started thumping her back and gave her some water to drink.

"Are you okay?" Renee asked, eyes wide.

"Yes, I am." Beth said, sipping her water.

"So...?" Renee asked, leaning on her elbows "You knew Zayn and Harry before I did, right? Tell me what you know about them."

"Uh...Zayn really loved Harry. Harry did too." Beth said "They were the golden couple, admired and shipped by all"

"What happened then?" Renee asked.

"One day, a rumour went around that they have split up." Beth said "Many didn't believe it though, but when they saw Zayn and Harry ignoring each other...they had too."

"Oh...why did they break up though?" Renee asked.

"I don't know." Beth said "Then, Harry left and not long after, you joined. I know only this much."

The waiter arrived with their food. They both thanked the waiter and started wolfing down their food at once. Fuck table manners, right?

"Do they still love each other?" Renee asked, suddenly.

Beth hesitated. Zayn is Renee's boyfriend after all and she doesn't want her to get hurt.

Renee smiled softly, noticing Beth's hesitance.

"Personally, I think they do." Renee said "But I can't tell because I haven't known them."

She didn't look hurt, but still Beth kept quiet.

"You could tell me, you know." Renee said with a sigh "I don't love Zayn. I do like him though. A lot, actually. But love is still a big word for us. And if he loves someone else then he should go to that person, right?"

"Right." Beth finally spoke "And I too think they still have feelings for each other."

"It's okay." Renee said "Thank you for helping me."

Beth hugged her suddenly.

"I should be the one thanking you." Beth said "You saved me from getting bullied. I haven't been bullied ever since. You are like my guardian angel."

Renee bit her lip. She doesn't know why she is feeling butterflies in her tummy or why is her heart beating fast. But she does know that she likes it. A lot.