9 » Truth

[EDITED]

Zayn laid on his bed, tossing and turning. He can't sleep. Renee's words replaying in his head over and over again.

'Do I really not hate Harry?' thought Zayn, biting his lip 'I was extremely scared and concerned when he almost got ran over by a car, and, I did give him a lift when he was walking in the stormy weather, didn't I?'

Zayn groaned and got out of bed. His head was clouded over by thoughts and he didn't think he would go to sleep anytime soon.

He made his way downstairs. Maybe a glass of warm milk would help him sleep.

He didn't made it till the kitchen though. He stopped when he saw light coming out of his parent's room.

Zayn frowned in confusion. It wasn't like his parents to stay up this late. His frown only deepened when he heard voices, arguing voices, coming out of the room. It seemed like his mom, dad and Doniya were arguing. But what was Doniya doing in their parents' room?

"But Yaser! This isn't right!" Zayn heard his mother voice. He wasn't eavesdropping, okay? He was just listening to what his family was fighting about.

"I don't care if it is or not!" Yaser said "I told that fag to stay away from my son! I told him! But he just didn't listen!"

"You told him?!" Doniya said, her voice sounding angry "You told Harry to stay away from Zayn?! Or you threatened him?!"

"You won't talk to me like this, young lady!" Yaser said.

Doniya opened her mouth to retort, when her eyes caught sight of Zayn standing in the doorway.

Zayn was frozen. He couldn't believe this. This is the reason Harry left - was forced to leave? Because his father, the one who should give up the world for his son's happiness, did this.

He knew Doniya had seen him, but he didn't care. His eyes glistened with tears and his whole body trembled. He could practically feel his heart crumble into a million pieces, slowly.

He sprinted upstairs, not caring if his parents noticed him too, like Doniya did or if Doniya told them that he heard everything they said.

Doniya stared at the spot Zayn had just vacated. She had seen the hurt look in his eyes.

"You know what, dad? I don't care what you think anymore. Good night!" Doniya spat, before stomping away. But instead of going to her room, she went to Zayn's.

"Zayn?"

Zayn was on his bed, curled into a ball, his whole body shaking with sobs.

"Oh, Zayn..." Doniya whispered, embracing him into a hug.

"What are you doing here?!" Zayn snapped at her "You knew why Harry left me, didn't you?! But you didn't tell me either!"

"Zayn..." Doniya said, wiping away some of Zayn's raven locks off of his forehead "I know I didn't tell you. But it's not because dad told me not to. It's because Harry begged me not to. He begged mom too. We didn't want to though. Because it wasn't fair to either you or Harry, but we gave our words to him, so we have to."

"Oh..." Zayn mumbled "I am sorry I falsely accused you."

"It's okay," Doniya pecked his forehead "Go to sleep now. Good night."

"Good night, Doni." Doniya heard Zayn speak as she left his room.

But Zayn can't sleep. His dad never liked him dating a boy, he made it obvious. But he didn't think he would go this far. And why didn't Harry stop Yaser? Why didn't he simply tell him the truth? Why did he stop Doniya and mom to tell him?

He didn't know.

But one thing he knew for sure, he had to confront Harry about this.