6 » Doniya Knows?

[EDITED]

"Um...and some tins of soup." Harry mumbled to himself as he read the grocery list his mother had given him.

He reached for the segment of soup, reaching up and grabbing three tins.

"Harry, is that you?" a very familiar voice asked.

Harry jumped slightly, dropping the tins he was holding.

"Sorry." Doniya said, grinning sheepishly.

"It's okay," Harry said, picking up the tins "What are you doing here?"

"Hunting elephants." Doniya said and Harry rolled his eyes. He actually forgot how sassy Doniya could be.

"Grocery shopping, then?" Harry asked.

"Yes," Doniya said. She looked at him cautiously "I am here with Zayn."

"Oh, okay." Harry said, absent-mindedly.

"When did you return?" Doniya asked.

Harry stopped doing whatever he was doing and looked at Doniya with surprised and somewhat hurt eyes.

"3 weeks ago. Zayn didn't tell you?"

"He knew?" Doniya asked, her eyes widening.

"He did." Harry said softly, his voice broken "This just proves that he hates me "

"He doesn't." Doniya said "He think he does. He won't when he finds out why you left."

"And that's what he can never find out." Harry said, looking at her firmly.

"What can I not find out?" Zayn said, appearing behind them suddenly.

Both Harry and Doniya jumped, startled and Harry dropped the tins of soup again.

"N-Nothing." Harry stuttered, looking at Zayn with wide eyes.

"Oh...kay." Zayn said, obviously not believing anything. He turned to Doniya "Come on, Doni. We have to go now."

"OK, bye Haz!"

"Bye, Doni!"

Zayn and Doniya left the shop, side by side with an awkward silence around them.

"You didn't tell me he returned." Doniya said, trying to break the silence. Zayn merely shrugged.

"You know why he left, don't you?" Zayn said, looking at Doniya with tired eyes.

Doniya bit her lip, "I do." she said.

"But you can't tell me either, right?" Zayn chuckled dryly.

"I am sorry." Doniya said, hanging her head.

"Forget about it." Zayn said, shaking his head.

It seems like everyone knows why Harry left him, except him.