3 » Lunch Time

[EDITED]

"What happened between you both that you hate each other to bits?" Renee asked, looking at Zayn, then Harry.

"Why do you think something happened between us?" Harry asked, though internally, he was freaking out.

"It's obvious." Renee shrugged "You guys have known each other before Harry left the school, Kennedy told me that. And you guys act so awkward towards each other that it isn't hard to guess."

Kennedy was Renee's lab partner and even though they are not close, they are friends.

"Nothing happened between us." Zayn said firmly, but he can't help glance at Harry.

"Sure, I believe that" Renee rolled her eyes sarcastically "I wasn't asking whether something happened between you both or not. I know something did. I was just asking what happened."

"Something did." Harry whispered, not making eye contact with any of the two "But it's the past and we are over it. And who said I hate Zayn? Zayn does but I don't."

Instead the contrary, Harry wanted to say, but didn't have the guts to.

***

Renee did find out what happened between those two. It was lunch when she did.

Mindy, also known as the school slut, came up to their table with all her followers. She gave Harry a seductive smile, which in reality looked rather disgusting to the three sitting on the table.

"And what does the whore wants now?" Renee said in a bored voice, checking her nails.

"Shut up, Renee! I am not here for your bullshit!" Mindy sneered at the girl and then turn to look at Harry.

"Hey, Harry." Mindy said, giving him a flirty smile.

"Hey," Harry said, shifting uncomfortably "Do you need anything?"

"Oh, I was just wondering if you are single or does that black head over there still has your heart."

There was an awkward silence that followed soon after. Renee glanced between Zayn and Harry, both of whom were staring at each other in shock.

'So this is why they act like they hate each other?' thought Renee, glancing between the two 'They are exes.'

"I am full." Harry said in a emotionless voice, standing up with a jerk. There was no way he was full since whole of his plate was still left "I am leaving " With that, he ran out of the cafeteria.

Mindy, after seeing that she had no work there, left, leaving Renee and Zayn sitting there.

"We should follow him." Renee suggested.

"He'd be fine." Zayn said, acting like he doesn't care, but inside he was more than worried.

"Still, Zayn," Renee said, glaring at him "I know he is your ex but we should still check on him."

"Fine." Zayn sighed, reluctantly getting up and following Renee.