11 » I Love You

[EDITED]

Zayn knocked on the front door of the Styles' residence. After 2 days of working up the courage to confront Harry, here he was, standing in front of the front door, waiting impatiently for someone to open the door.

The door creaked open and Harry came into view.

"Zayn?" Harry said, coughing a little "Come in."

Harry was shocked when he saw it was Zayn who had come to visit him. He had expected Renee or Beth, to be honest.

Zayn and Harry got comfortable on the living room couch, Harry wrapped in a warm, fluffy blanket.

"How are you feeling now?" Zayn asked, scanning Harry's face. His face looked paler than before and his eyes looked tired - more tired - than before.

Harry had not been attending the school for a few days because he caught a cold - a terrible one - and fever.

"Feeling much better." Harry mumbled, snuggling deeper into the blanket, making him look so small and innocent.

"Glad to know that." Zayn said, playing with his fingers nervously "Where are everyone else?"

"Out," Harry said, sighing "Zayn, you and I both know that you are here for a reason. If you'd tell what it is instead of avoiding it...I guess it'd be better for both us."

"Look, Harry" Zayn said "You are right. I should just spill it out already. Or should I say, you should spill it out already."

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, looking at him in confusion

"Why did you leave me, Harry?"

Harry's eyes widened and his heart thumped wildly against his rib cage.

"Zayn ... It's the past, forget about-"

"It was because my father told you to, right?" Zayn cut Harry off "It'd because my father threatened you to, right?"

Harry broke down then. The emotions he had bottled up inside him, cracked his walls and broke him apart.

"Shh, stop crying, babe." Zayn enveloped Harry into a hug and whispered calmly. But inside be was shaking from anger. Anger at his father, for breaking such an innocent person. Anger at himself, for being so obvious to the whole thing.

"I love you, Zayn! So much! After your dad told me to stay away from you, I was so miserable without you that I started ..."

"Started what?"

"Self harming." Harry looked away "I was ashamed of myself and I wanted to stop ... but I can't. It got so severe that mom said only you could save me now. And you did! Just by being near you, I stopped! I was contented! But I wanted more ..."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Zayn whispered after Harry calmed down "And told mom and Doniya not to tell me?"

"Zayn, you love your father to death." Harry said, still in his arms "You adore him. I know how much his acceptance mattered to you. So I didn't ..."

"I know. I love him a lot," Zayn whispered, tears forming in his eyes "And I regret it. I regret adoring and wanting to be like a father who doesn't care about his son's happiness. You are my happiness, Harry and he took you away from me!"

"Stop" Harry whispered "Please, just ... stop."

"Kitty." was all that Zayn whispered and Harry started sobbing again.

"Shh, it's okay, kitty." Zayn said soothingly, rubbing the younger's back.

He pulled apart and wiped Harry's tears away.

"These tears are too precious to be wasted on someone like me." Zayn said.

"I love you, Zayn." Harry said "I really do. I know that you don't but -"

Harry was cut off when Zayn descended his lips on his. Harry let out a sound of surprise, sitting there frozen and not moving at all.

Zayn nudged Harry's lips with his tongue encouraging for him to move and that's when Harry came back to his senses.

He kissed back, moving his lips and deepening the kiss.

This touch of lips was so familiar to them both. They knew each other so well it was scary. Each inch of the other's body was engraved on their senses.

It wasn't until they finally got a taste of each other's lips again did they realise how much they had craved each other, missed each other.

"I love you too," Zayn said, after they broke apart "My kitty."

"W-what?!" Harry asked dumbly.

"I love you too." Zayn said, nuzzling his face in Harry's curls "I knew deep down I did. But I was just in ... denial, I guess."

Harry looked at Zayn with teary eyes.

"Y-You do." Harry whispered, tackling Zayn in a hug as he started sobbing again.

Zayn hugged him tight and held him close. Harry's sobs made him cry too.

It had been so long since he had felt so ... happy and contented. And this time, Zayn vowed mentally, I won't let anyone take this blessing away from me.