13 » They Know

[EDITED]

"This is amazing, Zayn!" Doniya squealed, glancing between a smiling Zayn and a blushing Harry.

Yaser was out right now and both Trisha and Doniya were home. So, what was the most amazing time than this to tell them about their secret relationship?

"Yes." Trisha smiled widely and turned to Harry "I haven't seen Zayn this happy for a long time, Harry. Thanks."

"Don't." Harry mumbled, his blush darkening.

Everything was going fine. Zayn was happy, Harry was happy, Trisha accepted them, Doniya accepted them.

But the saying is true ... 'Happy times don't last long'. Their happy time came to an abrupt end when the front door opened suddenly and in came Yaser, Zayn's father.

"Hey, honey. I forgot my phone ..." Yaser trailed off when he noticed Harry standing there.

Harry's heart was thumping hard against his rib cage and his palms got all sweaty when Yaser gave him a glare so full of disgust and hatred that he wanted to die then and there.

"What is he doing here?!" Yaser spat.

Zayn placed his arm around Harry's waist and pulled him close.

"We are together." Zayn said, somewhat proudly.

"Z - Zayn," Harry stammered when he saw Yaser's heated glare turn to his son.

"Then end it!" Yaser boomed "I won't have a disgrace for a son!"

"Then, don't!" Zayn shouted, tears forming in his eyes "Disown me! I don't want a father who can't accept his son for who he is!"

With that, Zayn ran upstairs at top speed.

"Zayn!" Harry gasped, trying to follow his lover but a harsh grip on his wrist stopped him.

"And where do you think you are going?!" Yaser spat.

"Dad!" Doniya shouted.

"Leave him, Yaser!" Trisha yelled.

Harry whimpered in pain when Yaser tightened his grip and twisted Harry's arm.

"You are staying here while I go talk to that son of mine!" Yaser pushed Harry roughly and went upstairs with angry steps.

Harry grabbed the wrist which Yaser had so mercilessly twisted and whimpered again. It had already started swelling and it hurt real bad.

"Harry," Trisha gasped, taking his wrist in her hands, gently "Does it hurt, sweetie?"

"SHUT UP!" they heard Zayn's voice from upstairs "I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU OR SEE YOUR FACE EVER AGAIN!"

"It's getting pretty heated." Harry mumbled, wiping his tears "We should go up there."

So, with Doniya and Trisha, Harry went upstairs. Zayn and Yaser were arguing at the top of their voices.

Yaser was glaring and looked angry. Zayn, on the other hand, had tears streaming down his face. Whether it were tears of anger or misery, Harry didn't know.

"Z - Zayn," Harry whispered. His voice was barely audible but both Zayn and Yaser heard him, anyways.

"Kitty ...?" Zayn's eyes scanned Harry up and down, until his eyes rested on his wrist.

"Harry!" Zayn gasped, taking Harry's injured arm in his and scanning it. Then, he turned to Yaser.

"You hurt him." Zayn said, venom dripping from his voice.

Yaser rolled his eyes at that "So ...?"

Harry was crying now. Tears streamed rapidly down his cheeks as Doniya and Trisha uselessly tried to calm him down.

"You know what?" Zayn laughed bitterly "I don't care anymore! I don't care what you or anyone else thinks! I don't care if you are homophobic! But I do care about Harry! I do care about his feelings! I do care about his happiness! Because I love him more than anything! I love a boy! A guy! And if you can't accept that, then let it be!"

Zayn took a step back. And maybe, if he wasn't blinded from tears and his vision wasn't blurred, then he wouldn't have slipped and wouldn't have tumbled down the stairs.

He hit each stair painfully and his vision started to get blurred. The last thing he remembered was Harry's distressed scream of 'ZAYN!' and then ... darkness surrounded him and everything became black.