4 » Bethany Greene

[EDITED]

"Harry, wait!" Renee yelled, following Harry.

Harry ignored the calls from Renee and the fact that she and Zayn was following him. He ran out of the school, the cold, winter air hitting his face harshly and that's when he realised that he was crying.

He wiped his tears away, rather roughly, not slowing down for once. He was pathetic. And he wanted to laugh at that.

Who still cries over his ex when it had been 1 year since they split up? He, who else?

"Oh my god, Zayn!" Renee cried out "He's running towards the road!"

Worry and fear filled Zayn as soon as Renee said this. The road was a busy one and if Harry runs across it without looking then...

Zayn shook his head, getting rid of the horrible thought before increasing his speed. He is not going to let Harry get hurt. Not now, not ever.

"Kitty!" Zayn gasped, grasping Harry's hand and pulling Harry back just as a car zoomed past Harry.

Harry stood there, eyes wide and his whole body frozen. If Zayn hadn't stopped him, he would've been dead, that's for sure.

"Kitty." Zayn whispered, pulling him close and wrapping him in a warm hug, just as Harry started crying and shaking.

None of them corrected that Zayn just called Harry by his old nickname. In fact, Harry felt a warm, fuzzy feeling inside his chest as soon as he did.

"Harry, oh my god!" Renee cried out as she caught up with them "You are such an idiot!"

"Sorry." Harry said, shooting her an apologetic look as he pulled away from the embrace.

"I swear if you ever get into an accident, I am going to kill you." Renee chuckled, wiping away the few tears that had gathered along her eyes.

"I won't." Harry promised, pulling her into a hug.

Renee opened her mouth to say something else but stopped.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear what, Renee?" Zayn asked.

"A sound like someone was crying in pain?" Harry asked, frowning "So, it wasn't only me?"

"No." Renee said, shaking her head "I say, I heard it again."

"I did too, this time." Zayn said.

"Let's check out." Renee said, not waiting for the boys' replies as she started going in the direction she thought the sound was coming from, Harry and Zayn following close behind.

The sound guided the trio to the back of the school, where the area was deserted. And the sight that was there made their blood boil.

"Oh, they are dead meat now!" Renee growled before anyone could protest as she marched towards the guys that were beating up a poor, defenseless girl.

She tapped the shoulder of the guy who was definitely the leader. She recognized him as Jacob, one of the school jocks.

"What?" Jacob said, turning around.

"Stop bullying her" Renee said, completely serious.

"What if I don-?"

Jacob was cut off when Renee raised her fist and smashed it right across his face.

"That will teach you a lesson, shithead!" Renee growled, glaring heatedly at him.

"Whatever." Jacob grunted, rubbing his jaw where Renee had just punched "Let's go, boys!"

After Jacob left with all of his partners, Renee crouched down near the girl.

"Are you okay?" Renee asked worriedly, wiping away some of her brown locks from her blue eyes.

"Y-yes," the girl blushed "Thanks."

"Don't mention it." Renee smiled "I am Renee, by the way. Short for Serena, Serena Yvonne."

"I am Bethany Greene," she said "Or Beth."

"I am Zayn, it's nice to meet you." Zayn said, giving her a warm smile.

"I know you." Beth said, shyly "You and Harry. I know the golden couple."

Harry and Zayn were completely taken aback by this. They both had an internal mini panic attack before Zayn cleared his throat.

"Well, there isn't any golden couple now though." Zayn said.

"Oh, I am sorry. It's just that you guys broke up before Harry left the school and now he returned so..." Beth said, blushing embarrassed.

"It's okay." Harry said "I say, won't it be marvellous if you'd join us for lunch tomorrow?"

And that was how a new friendship bloomed. And maybe some feelings got involved too. Who knows?