Chapter 48 || "No Time Like The Present"

Start from the beginning

"Why are you coming outside?" I ask.

"Get in my car and I'll explain." he says, already beginning to walk down the driveway. I follow behind him, slightly disappointed that we're going out when his house is empty.

"Okay, I'm in your car. Now tell me what we're doing." I say once I'm sitting in the passengers seat. Shawn chuckles and runs his hand through his hakr, shutting his door.

"Let me start the car." he says, and I begin to suspect that he isn't going to tell me. The key goes into the ignition and the car starts up, the radio blaring. I reach over and turn it down, looking at Shawn.

"Please tell me." I whine. "I need to know if this is worth getting shit from my parents."

"We're going out." he says, biting back a smile. He puts his foot to the gas pedal and slowly backs out of the driveway.

"Shawn!" I groan.

"Okay, okay!" he exclaims, laughing. "We're going to a restaurant with my family."

"What?" I scream. "Shawn, I can't go!"

"Why not?" he asks.

"This is my first time meeting your parents and I look like shit! Not to mention I have a noticeable hickey on my neck." I remind him. "I have a hoodie on and leggings. Not only is your family going to think I'm messy, they're also going to think I'm a slut."

"Babe, my parents would never call you a slut. Not to your face, at least." he jokes, and my fave burns.

"Thanks." I say, crossing my arms in front of my chest and looking out the window in annoyance.

"I'm joking." he says, placing his hand on my thigh. I try to continue to act annoyed, but my body gives my act away. My leg twitches involuntarily and I feel electricity shoot up my leg and throughout my body as Shawn's large, rough fingers gently rub circles into my leg. "Besides, it's nothing formal. It's just a pizza party for Aaliyah's hockey team since they won their game last night. It's really laid-back. It's just a bunch of middle-schoolers and their parents."

"What about my neck? They're definitely going to notice." I say.

"Just adjust your sweatshirt and fix your hair so that it covers it." he says.

I sigh and pull down the mirror in his car, staring at my reflection in the tiny, rectangular mirror. I move my sweatshirt around until the hickey is almost completely covered, with just a little bit of purple sticking out. I move my hair and place it in front of tent shoulders. Much to my relief, this completely hides the hickey and any suspicion about Shawn and I.

"See? That worked perfectly." Shawn says.

"So, why did you want me coming to this? It's kind of a random thing for me to meet your family at." I ask, and he shrugs.

"There's no time like the present." he says. "Besides, I've already met your mom and dad, so I think it's only fair that you meet mine."

"Oh God, can we not talk about that?" I ask, my face burning as I think back to those two separate but equally embarrassing moments.

"Why not?" he laughs.

"The first time we were making out on my bed after we barely knew each other and my dad immediately knew something was going on. The second time my mom came home in the middle of me jerking you off!" I yell, and Shawn bursts out laughing.

"And my family came home after we slept together while we were literally asleep together in my bed." he adds.

"That's different, though. No one caught us that time." I remind him.

"True."

We sit in silence for the rest of the ride, the only source of noise being the music playing on the radio at a very low volume. When we pull into the parking lot of the restaurant, I look up at Shawn nervously. He just smiles at me reassuringly and gently squeezes my leg.

"Don't worry, they'll love you." he says. "I know I do."

I break out into a smile and Shawn leans in to kiss me. I kiss him back and wrap my arms around his neck, opening my mouth wider as I try and slip my tongue inside his mouth. Shawn pulls away and wipes his mouth, his breathing louder now.

"Don't do this to me right now." he says, looking me up and down.

"Don't do what?" I ask innocently.

"Fuck, Helaina." he mumbles under his breath. Running his hand through his hair, Shawn bites his lip and unbuckles his seatbelt. "Get in the back."

"Why?" I ask, but I already have a feeling as to where this is going.

"You know exactly why. You get me all worked up and then you expect me to go inside around my family and act like everything's fine? Now get your ass in the backseat baby girl." Shawn growls.

My heart flutters with excitement, and I jump into the back of Shawn's car. He looks around before locking the doors and joining me in the back, climbing on top of me and attacking me with his lips.

-
-
-

AN: wooo issa update (finally). hope everyone who celebrates it had a nice thanksgiving! also hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to comment/vote and follow me! just a warning that the next chapters gonna be a little smutty in the beginning