Chapter 17

My Wattpad Love

Chapter 17

If you had said to me that I was going to be crying my eyes out over Shane’s shoulder, I would’ve laughed at your face. I would’ve called you crazy because three weeks ago, I was sure as hell that would never happen.

Oh well, screw my prediction skills, because right now, that was exactly what I was doing.

The most shocking fact was that I wasn’t used to crying in front of people. I mean, not even Jason or Laura had seen me cry before, and here I was, sobbing like a baby in the arms of the school’s popular jerk.

Oh, life is truly unpredictable.

Shane remained in silence, and I was afraid that he would make fun of me or something. But surprisingly, he kept his mouth shut.

Why was I crying, anyway? These tears made realize how much I cared for Evan. I know it sounds crazy because I’d even seen the guy in real life, but I couldn’t help it. I was attached to him; I was used to his good morning messages, his teasing jokes and arrogant replies. We were so much alike, but at the same time, so different. Evan knew more about me that my own best friend. I trusted him . . . why? That was the question. 

Why did I trust him? He was just some guy I met on the internet a month ago. How did he end up becoming part of my life? A part of me? I knew it was my entire fault, how I’d let him in. Therefore, I gave him the power to hurt me like he was doing right now. 

I never said I cared about you...

His words stung. They were like fuel to the burning fire in my chest. Flashes of his beautiful face came to my mind. I loved his smile, I loved the way dimples form on his cheeks when he smirked. I was intrigued by the dark pool of his eyes. They held so much mystery. His sexy voice was always present in my mind. I felt like he was playing with me... He’d been so caring and sweet sometimes. But then he says he never cared about me. That’s so contradictory. 

Is this a game for him? 

I pulled away from Shane, sniffing and wiping my tears away. My eyes met his and I couldn’t help blushing in embarrassment.

“I’m sorry, I—” he put his index on my wet lips, interrupting me. 

“You don’t have to say anything,” he whispered and then he did something I’d never expected Shane Mason to do: he smiled at me. Shane gave me a genuine smile. I’d seen him smirk or smile mockingly, but I never expected him to give me a true smile. 

“Thank you,” I said honestly. He nodded and then got off the couch awkwardly.

“Whoever made you cry,” he started looking right into my eyes, “is not worth it.” I didn’t know what to say and neither did he, so he simply walked upstairs. He knew I didn’t want to talk about it, so I appreciated his consideration. 

There was a knock on the door. I waited for Shane or Jordan to open it, but they never came so I had to do it.

Sighing in frustration, I got on my feet. On my way to the door, I tried to fix my face a little bit but I knew it was useless. My nose was probably tomato red and my eyes were swollen. I probably looked like protagonist of a soap opera. Okay, that was not a good comparison but well, I’d never been good with comparisons, if you haven’t noticed. 

I opened the door and the sun hit my eyes mercilessly. I raised my hand to block it and blinked, trying to see something. After having my vampire-reaction-to-the-sun moment, I could finally see who was standing right there in front of me. My jaw dropped to the floor.

“Laura?” I asked shocked.