Chapter Thirty Four - Post War: Friends

As promised! Here's the new chapter!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Thirty Four – Post War: Friends

*Madelynn’s POV*

After returning from the warehouse…

“How is Hailey?” I asked Amy when she walked out of their room.

“I have cleaned the wound on her back and bandage it. It will probably take a few weeks before it is fully recovered. She has lost a lot of blood and hence her recovery will be slower than usual. She just needs to rest more these days.” Amy said.

“Thank you.” I said.

“You are welcome, Luna.” Amy said and smiled at me.

“No. I-I’m…”

“Alpha.” Amy suddenly greeted. I turned around to see Jayden heading towards us.

“I will now go and check on the others.” Amy said and left the both of us standing there. There is a moment of silence before I decided to break the silence.

“How is your wound? Shouldn’t you be in bed? Why are you still walking around?” I asked.

“I’m fine. Moreover, walking around is some sort of exercise. Doing some exercise is good for recovery.” He said confidently.

“Is that so?” I eyed at him suspiciously. “Stubborn.”

“I’m not.” Of course he heard me.

“Yes, you are.” He shouldn’t start his ‘exercise’ so early.

“I’m not!” He exclaimed. “Ah!”

I rushed to him the minute he whined in pain and held onto the side of his stomach. “Did you hurt your wound? Are you in pain? Do I need to call Amy?”

I took his hand away from his stomach and checked on his wound. Subconsciously, I lifted up his clothes wanting to see his wound. Luckily, the bandage is not stained with blood which means his wound has not spilt opened. I heaved out a sigh of relief. When I lifted up my head to look at him, he has a smile hang on his face. His smile totally melted my heart. I never have seen him smile like this before. His smile is a genuine smile, carefree and without any worries smile.

“What?”

“You are worried about me.” He said.

“I-I… I’m not. I-I’m just want to see if you this stubborn wolf did hurt yourself. Serve you right if your wound split opened. Because you should be in bed resting.” I turned my away head, not wanting to face him.