Chapter Twenty - Pain

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Twenty – Pain

*Madelynn's POV*

I have been sitting at a corner of this room probably for a few days already. I don't eat, don't drink, and don't bath. I practically didn't do anything else except sitting on the same spot, staring towards the same direction.

After that night, Hailey took me back to the pack house. On the way there, I never spoke a word. When we arrived at the pack house, everyone was shocked by my sudden appearance. Every one tried to ask us what has happened but I didn't reply any of them. Out of the corner my eyes, I saw Hailey shook her head at them. She then brought me to the room. Ever since, I never once stepped out of the room. I don't even remember the things they have tell me whenever they came to 'visit' me. Every day, they will come to the room at least once. Just like now.

The door squeaked as it is being opened. The person walked slowly towards me and squatted down to my level.

"Lynn, it's me. Chloe." She said softly. "I brought some food for you. You haven't been eating for days. Please just eat something."

My eyes flickered to the food and back to her. Tears started forming in my eyes. "You recovered."

"Why are you able to recover and they can't?!" I grabbed her arms and shook her body vigorously.

"Lynn..."

"WHY?!" I shouted at her and this alarmed Aiden. He dashed into the room and pulled Chloe away from me. He growled warningly at me. I looked up to see Aiden hugging Chloe tightly in his arms.

"Why... Why does everyone have someone by their side except me...?" I looked back down to the ground. My tears, drip by drip fallen to the ground. I bended my legs and pressed them closer to me. I hugged myself even tighter.

"Lynn..."

"Chloe, no. She's unstable."

"Aiden, its fine."

"Lynn, you are not alone. I'm here. We are here for you." Chloe came closer to me slowly and when she realised that I'm not going to do anything to her, she wrapped her arms around my shoulder.

"Please don't torture yourself like this. Please eat something." Chloe pleaded. I shook my head and climbed away from her to another corner of the room. I crouched nearer to the wall. After a while, they left. And I'm all alone again. Darkness filled up the whole room and the next day, the room continued to be dimmed. I could hear the sound of water hitting against the window.

I stood up from the floor and looked out of the window. It's raining.

I started heading out of the room. I walked down the hallway and along the way; I heard voices coming out from this particular room.

"Maddy, don't! Don't!!" Alexander sounded like he is stopping Madison from doing something.

"It hurts. It hurts so much!!! AHHHH!!!" Madison cried out loud. "I can't... I can't stay like this anymore!! Let me go... Let me go, Alex."

"No. No. I love you, Maddy. I love you so much. You can't leave me alone. I won't allow it." Alexander is desperately pleading her.

"I can't feel the bond. I can't feel the love. I'm only feeling rejection and pain. My heart hurts. It hurts so badly, Alex."

"Please hang on for me, Maddy. Please. I love you. I love you so please stay by my side." Alexander said gently.

After that, I walked away from the room and continued heading outside. Involuntary, tears are rolling down my cheeks. When I overheard their conversation, I realised this is how much pain my mum is in when she is being injected with the chemical. Alexander and Madison have been together probably for a few years and she is already in great pain for not being able to feel the love from her most important person. I couldn't imagine how much pain my mum was in when she felt the mate bond was broken.

Walking in the rain, the raindrops spattered on my face, mixing with my salty tears. I didn't care about the coldness of the weather which is giving me goose bumps. I continued walking on the streets aimlessly. The people without umbrella are running madly across the streets into the malls or shop houses for shelter. As for me, I didn't care. My hair is already dripping wet and my clothes are totally drenched.

*Flashback 1*

"Jayden...?" I touched his arm gently, trying to get his attention.

He stepped away from my touch, leaving my hand hanging in the air. "I'm sorry."

"W-What are..." I wanted to ask him why is he apologising to me but he interrupted me halfway.

"I know they have explained everything to you about us, about our species, about Callie and Jake. I won't interfere with your decision on whether to accept Callie or not. But no matter what your decision is..." He turned around and looked at me.

"...I can't be with you."

*End of Flashback 1*

'I can't be with you.'

"I can't be with you. I can't be with you." I stared straight in one direction. I started by laughing a little and then it went even louder, crazier.

*Flashback 2*

"Dad! Dad!!" I ran up to him quickly, grabbing his arm.

"Let go of me!!" My dad flung my arm away and hurried away.

"Dad! What's going on?!" I chased after him and shouted.

"Your mum is being injected!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Please don't be them. Please don't be them.' I chanted and prayed over and over in my mind. As I squatted down and stretched out my hand, wanting to lift up the cloth, my hands are trembling non-stop. My biggest fear becomes real.

"N-No. N-No. This is a joke. It can't be. Please tell me this is a joke."

"Lynn." Hailey squatted down and wrapped her arms over my shoulder.

"I'm sorry for your lost. When we found them, they are not breathing anymore." Someone said. I didn't bother to lift up my head to look at him. My eyes are fixed on my parents' bodies.

"N-No. N-NO!! Aren't they werewolves?! Aren't they able to heal?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at their cold bodies. Tears are dripping down fiercely. Why is everything happening? Why did he choose to leave me? Why did dad and mum leave me too? My real parents left me and the both of you also decided to leave me. Why? Why!!

"WHY?!!!" I cried out loud, not concerned about how others will view me.

"I'm only left with the both of you!! Why do you have to leave me alone?!! WHY?!!!!!!!!"

*End of Flashback 2*

I dropped down to my knees and sat on the ground. I already cannot differentiate whether the water droplets are my tears or the rain. Probably because of the rain, the people on the streets and the vehicles on the road reduced. There is no one near me. Not even a single soul.

Alone.

Tears kept on flowing out. "Go away. Go away." I hit the left side of my chest over and over again, wanting the pain to go away. I held onto my chest, breathing in deeply.

"Ah." Suddenly my vision gone all blurry. My eyes seemed to be seeing double images. I fell onto the ground, breathing heavily. The rain continued hitting on me heartlessly. Coldness is all I feel.

"Madelynn!" I felt someone lifted me up from the ground.

"You are burning up!" That person said as my skin came in contact with us.

"Madelynn!" I wanted to answer that person but I could feel my energy slipping away. My eyes are threatening to close it. I stared very hard at the person, wanting to know who is holding onto me however, my vision is blurred. But I know, this is person is making me feel warm. I smiled slightly at that thought before everything turned black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.