Chapter Two - Madelynn

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Two – Madelynn

*Madelynn's POV*

I sat in front of the mirror and started brushing my long, silky brown hair. Sunlight shone into my room, warming up the surrounding. Today is a good weather, I thought. I packed my bag and getting ready to step out of my house, leaving for school.

"Lynn, have you brought your medicine with you?" My mum shouted from the kitchen. I opened my bag and started searching for the medicine.

"Yea!!" I took out and waved it to her.

"Be careful on your way to school. Do you not really want me to fetch you to school?" My mum asked.

"Nope. I will be fine, Mum." I smiled gently towards her.

"Where's dad?" I looked around the house and didn't see him anywhere.

"He went out to visit some old friends." My mum looked away from me when she answered me. "Ok. You got to go before you get late on your first day of school."

"Ok, Mum. I'll see you later." I kissed her on her cheek before leaving the house.

"Be safe!" She stood at the door step and shouted. I turned around and waved at her before continuing to walk.

Actually, they are not my birth parents. The memories I have of my real parents are blur. From young, I have heart problem. My birth parents probably left me because of this reason. The only memories I have from the past are only me lying on the hospital bed alone. No one ever came to visit me. 4 years ago, I got a heart transplant. My current parents decided to adopt me. They said because they are unable to bear children hence they decide to adopt one instead. Although I do not know why would they choose me to be their child, but I'm glad that I have them as my parents, as my family.

I have enrolled into the University in this new town, New Oak and hence, we decided to move and stay permanently in this town. At first, dad and mum were kind of unwilling to move. However, they gave in to me and all of us move into this town. I went to the bus stop to wait for bus. After 30 minutes, I reached my University. At this point of time, I didn't know that the moment I set foot into this town and enrolling into this University would change my entire life, my entire world. This is the town which will bring me to him, his friends, and into his world.

Holding onto my schedule and school map, I went around searching for the lecture hall. After 5 minutes, I managed to find the venue. I walked in and sat at the side. I placed my bag on the chair beside me and flipped open my book. I scribble notes on the text book as the lecturer is teaching.

"Sorry. Can I sit here?" Suddenly, a girl who is panting hard, pointed to the chair that has my bag on it.

"Sure." I smiled at her and took my bag away from the seat.

"Thanks!" She quickly sat down and took out her books. "Did I miss out a lot?"

"Nope. He just started not long. Here." pushed my book nearer to her for her to copy the notes I have written down.

"Thanks!" She happily copied and mumbled something like "I wouldn't want to retake this module again."

"Thank you very much." She smiled at me while pushing my book back to me.

"No problem."

"I'm Hailey." She stretched out her hand, offering a handshake.

"I'm Madelynn. Just call me lynn will do." She seems like a nice person. Throughout the lesson, both of us didn't communicate much. Most of the time, we concentrated on listening the lecturer. 2 hours later, the lesson has finally ended.

"Lynn, do you have any lesson after this?" Hailey asked me while packing up our stuff.

"No. I only have another lecture 2 hours later." I said.

"Great. Do you want to have lunch together with my friends and me?" Hailey asked as we heading out of the lecture hall.

"Sure." It's good to know more friends right?

"Let's go then. They are at the... Ah!" I turned around immediately when I heard her shouted.

"Hailey!" When I turned around, I saw a guy has one of his arms wrapped around Hailey's waist. And the guy looked kind of distance... cold?

"Hailey?" I focused my attention on Hailey. She doesn't look scare at all. Instead, she is smiling. She looked up and matched her eyes to his.

"Why are you here? Didn't we agree to meet at the canteen?" She asked the guy holding onto her. The guy just shook his head, holding her close to him and buried his face into her hair.

"Silly." Hailey leaned into him and she is still smiling happily. Probably after a few minutes, she finally looked my way. She bit her lips due to embarrassment. She stepped a little away from the guy but the guy held firmly onto her waist.

"Brayden, this is Madelynn. Madelynn, this is Brayden. My boyfriend." Hailey introduced me to him. Although I feel that he is kind of scary, I managed to squeeze out a smile and said hi to him. At first, he just simply nodded at me and focused his attention back to Hailey. But seconds later, he has a frowned on his face and he turned back to look at me. He continued staring at me and it seemed that he has thoughts running through his mind. Hailey, confusingly, looking between us.

"Both of you... know... each other before?" Hailey asked cautiously.

"N-No. I don't think so." I replied and looked away from Brayden. Hailey tugged Brayden's shirt to get his attention. Both of them exchange glances.

"What's wrong?" Hailey asked Brayden.

"Nothing." Brayden pushed Hailey nearer to him and he planted a kiss on her forehead. "Let's go. The others are waiting for us at the canteen."

Hailey looked at Brayden suspiciously before diverting her attention back to me. She wriggled off Brayden's grip and came to my side. "Let's go." She hooked my arm and started pulling me away. Brayden quickly caught up with us and tugged Hailey to his side, holding onto her waist. Hailey stopped walking and the both of them started to have this staring contest.

Few seconds later, Hailey looked away and sighed a little. We started heading towards the canteen again. As we walked, I could feel people around us staring at us. The look in their eyes is filled with... I do not know how to describe it. Shock, then happiness, and respect...? This is getting kind of awkward.

As we entered the canteen, Hailey and Brayden headed towards a table with 2 couples there. I followed silently behind them.

"What's wrong with them?" I heard Hailey asked and I followed the direction that she is looking at. There is a couple sitting at the back. The girl is sitting on the guy's lap. And the both of them are kissing. The girl tried to push him away but he held onto her hand and pinned it down, not letting her go.

"Some new human boy hit on Ava this morning. And now his wol..." The guy who is replying Hailey stopped his sentence in the midway and turned his head robotically to face me.

"Oh. Hi-iiii..." The guy started dragging his 'hi' and stared at me in shock. The girl that is clinging onto him also looked kind of stunned.

"Hey guys!! What's wrong...?" I turned to the new source of voice. There is a new couple walking towards us and their eyes landed on me. They seemed kind of unsure at first but seconds later, their eyes widen in realization.

"Luna."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ta-dah!!

Remember to Vote. Fan. Comment.