Chapter Twenty One - Starting to care

Note: Uncle Jackson and Aunt Shella are not in the pack. Since 4 years ago they left New Oak, the pack bond has been broken. And when they came back 4 years later, they just want to live normally and not intending to join back the pack. Therefore, the pack members couldn’t feel anything when they died.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Twenty One – Starting to care

*Jayden’s POV*

That night when Madelynn lost her parents…

‘Something is not right.’ Jake muttered in my mind. He has been pacing around in my mind for hours.

‘Could you just stop pacing around?’ I snapped at him.

‘How can you be so calm?! You basically just rejected her hours ago!!! How could you even do that?! She is our mate!!!!!!’ Jake growled furiously in my mind.

‘No. She’s not our…’

‘Don’t you dare complete that sentence!!!’ Jake cut me off roughly. ‘She may not be Cassidy but she is still our mate. Do you know how much pain Callie will be in when you basically say that you didn’t want to be with Madelynn?! That also means that you do not want to be with Cassidy’s wolf, Callie, which is OUR mate!!’

He paused a while before continuing, ‘You should know that mate bond is the strongest force between werewolves. If Madelynn choose to accept Callie, the mate bond will be even stronger than now. Are you sure you able to resist it? Are you then able to officially reject our mate?’

After saying that, Jake faded out from my mind. I know I have hurt her. I hurt Jake and Callie too. I know somewhere, deep down inside my heart, I’m in pain too. I just didn’t want to admit. I just didn’t want to let go of Cassidy. I cannot just forget her and move on like that. I promise to love her and only her. How can I break that promise I made to her?

I sat in my study room for a while before hearing some commotions coming from downstairs. I sniffed the air and picked up a familiar scent.

It’s her.

I stood up from my arm chair and headed outside.

“Lynn…”

“What happened?”

No matter how many questions are asked, I never once hear her voice. I walked down the stairs and saw her standing at the door. She doesn’t look very well. She doesn’t even acknowledge our existence. I then saw Hailey shook her head slightly sideway, telling them to stop asking.

‘What happened?’ I mind linked Brayden.

Brayden snapped his eyes to me. ‘Uncle Jackson and Aunt Shella…’

Brayden hesitated for a while before continuing, ‘…They are dead.’

I was taken aback by his words. I never expected that. ‘Why? How?’

“Lynn, I bring you to your room.” Hailey told Madelynn and led her off. Throughout, she did not speak a word. She kept silence and went into dazed. When I looked at her, I have to admit at that moment it hurts me to see her like this, so vulnerable looking.

“How did it happen? Why didn’t you inform me about this?!” I walked up to Brayden and demanded for an explanation.

“Madelynn called Hailey few hours ago. We decided to go and take a look at her first. We didn’t know the situation will end up this way.” Brayden heaved out a sigh.

“According to Madelynn, she said she met Uncle Jackson on her way home. He told her that Aunt Shella is being injected. With that, he ran off chasing after her. After we reached her house, I went to search for Uncle Jackson and Aunt Shella. Their scent stopped at the cliff, inside the forest. When the rescue team came, they were found dead.” Brayden said.