Chapter Thirty Three - The War: Betrayal

I would like to say thanks to all readers who actually continues to read my story. I do see a decrease in the number of reads. But oh well. Even if there is only one of you, I will still update my story! =). Thanks for your support!

Here's the new chapter!

Note: When I wrote 'Madelynn's POV', it actually also mean Callie's POV. If you have notice, Callie's POV is in italics. I just put as Madelynn's POV to prevent any confusion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Thirty Three – The War: Betrayal

*Madelynn’s POV*

The werewolves from The Secret Society growled fiercely at us. We charged towards them. However, just as we are about to reach them, thick wooden logs came swinging down, hitting our pack members. From just now till now, everything seemed to be planned nicely. They have been expecting our arrival from the beginning.

The thick logs continued to swing to and fro, blocking us to get near to them. I looked up to see the logs are being tied to the ceiling with thick ropes. Taking in a deep breath, seeing one of the logs swung to the side, I took the opportunity and jumped onto the log.

‘Callie! What are you doing?!’ Jake yelled in my mind.

I ignored him and focused on what I’m going to do. ‘Guys, stay away from the logs.’ I commanded through the pack link.

‘Callie, come down! You are going to hurt yourself!’ I then shut off my mind as Jake’s screaming is distracting me. I bite hard into the thick rope, tearing it. As one side of the rope is being the tear opened, the log loses its support and dropped onto the ground with a loud thud. I then jumped on to the next one. There are 4 freaking logs swinging to and fro from different directions altogether. I could feel my mind is constantly being poked which means someone is desperately trying to contact me.

‘Callie!!’ The moment I opened my link, I heard my name being screamed into the link. I totally regretted opening my mind. That scream caused me to lose my balance. My legs wobbled on top of the log and just one slip, I slipped off the log. I quickly held onto the log using my front legs. So now you can imagine a reddish-brown wolf hanging on the log, being swing to and fro. Great. Just so great. Note my sarcasm.

‘Callie!!!’ Jake screamed in my mind again.

‘Jake, stop screaming.’ I said. I shut off my mind-link, not intending to open it any moment again. My paws started slipping off the log. I waited for it to swing back so it is nearer to the first log. I then jump onto the first log. I regained my balance and tried jumping onto the second log again. I swiftly bit off the rope and went on to the third and fourth one. The logs fell onto the ground, hitting some of the stupid wolves from The Secret Society.

As the logs stopped swaying, I launched towards the head of the group. I jumped on him and pinned him onto the ground, growling fiercely at him. He easily pushed me away, flipping me around. He snapped his canines at me and sunk it into my front leg mercilessly. However, it only lasted for a second before he is being pushed away from me. Jake stood protectively over me. He would attack anyone who is near us. I wriggled underneath him and made my way out. I stood beside him and leaped onto whoever is near me. The moment I landed on them, I immediately bit deeply into their throat.

A few times I was being tackled down to the ground, Jake will be around to save me. And this time too.

‘Jake!!’ I turned around to see Jake got clawed across his stomach. I speeded towards the wolf and pinned him onto the ground. Just as I bit into his neck, he pushed me away. Jake then tackled him back onto the ground and bit into his throat. The body limped lifelessly onto the ground.