Chapter One - 4 years later

Please pardon me with my grammar mistakes and limited vocabulary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Fiery Alpha Chapter One – 4 years later

*Jayden's POV*

I'm currently in my study room, looking through documents. Being an Alpha is tough. There are so many things to handle. And today, I'm not in my best mood to deal with all these.

'Knock Knock'

I'm not in the mood to entertain anyone now. I know Brayden is outside of the room. I could sniff him out. But I just intend to ignore him and focused back on my works. I am thinking that if I didn't say the words 'come in', he probably would leave eventually. That's what I'm hoping for actually. But I am wrong at that. Brayden just opened the room door and walked in straight to my table and sat across me. He did not speak a word and read the documents that are spread out on the table silently. He then grabbed a pencil on the table and started scribbling on the papers, making notes.

I leaned back on my chair and closed my eyes briefly. After a while, I stood up from my chair and headed towards the door. The moment I reached the door, Hailey appeared at the door holding onto a bouquet of forget-me-not. She seemed a little taken back to see me appearing at the door suddenly.

"Alpha Jayden." She greeted formally. Brayden walked up to us and stood beside Hailey. He took the bouquet of flowers and handed over to me. Hailey looked at him confusingly.

"Don't worry. I will look after the pack." Brayden said, looking straight at me. I nodded stiffly at him. I know I could trust him. Brayden has always been a good beta. Not only that, he is also a very good friend of mine. He knows I would start to act strangely when this day is drawing nearer. And during the actual day, he will always silently do the work for me and allowed me to visit her.

As I started walking down the hallway, I heard Hailey asking Brayden what are the flowers for. Probably he has not told her about the past, about my past. I got into my car and drove about 100 miles down the road. I got out of my car, holding onto the flowers and started walking into the clearings.

"Cassie..." I stood in front of the tombstone, looking at the name carved on it.

Cassidy Marie Lewis (Callie)

Luna of Red Blood Pack

Mate of Jayden Edward Walker

26 October 1989

28 November 2010

Pain. Unbearable pain started erupting through my entire body. I dropped down onto my knees, clenching tightly onto my chest. Tears flow out from my eyes and dripped onto the ground.

"Cassie..." I placed myself closer to the tomb, wanting to be near her.

*Flashback*

'Jay!! Save me!! Save me!!' I started to feel her fear through the mate bond.

'Cassidy!! What's going on?!'

'I'm at the clearings. Help me!' I immediately dashed out of the pack house once I received her message. I shifted into my wolf and started speeding through the forest.

'Cassie? Cassie?! Cassie love, answer me!' No matter how hard I screamed into our mate link, she didn't reply at all.

'I love you, Jayden.' Out of a sudden, I heard her melodious voice again.

'Wh...at? Cassie? Hang on!! Please hang on for me. I'm coming!! I'm coming!!'

'Please remember that I will always love you. No matter where I am, I will always love you. Forever.' No. No. No. NO!! I could feel something started breaking inside me.