Chapter Thirteen - Cassidy

Have been very busy with my school work. Here's the update. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Thirteen – Cassidy

*Madelynn’s POV*

“Erm... Sorry. I didn’t know you are here.” I said when Jayden turned his head to look my way. “I’m leaving already…”

He is probably thinking of Cassidy. This is one of the places that they hang out together. I feel like I’m intruding their special moments. It was supposed to be the memories between the both of them and now, I happened to know it too.

“It’s ok. You can come over.” Jayden said while turning back to look up at the sky. I climbed up to the roof and make my way to him. I lie carefully beside him, leaving a certain distance. He didn’t say anything and just fixed his focus on the sky.

“There are a lot of stars tonight.” I said, breaking the silence. I turned my head to the side to look at him and he does the same. Looking into his eyes, I could see sadness and pain. He is missing her.  Uncontrollable, I reached out my hand and placed it gently on the side of his face.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered softly. He closed his eyes briefly before opening his eyes and looked at me again. I can’t help but to stare at him too. Every time I look at him, there will be this force pulling me towards him. And this time, there is also no exception.

“I think I better get going.” I tore my gaze away from him and quickly stood up. Probably I got up too urgently; I missed my steps and lose my balance.

“CASSIE!!”

I shut my eyes tightly; knowing that it would hurt the moment my body comes in contact with the ground. However, the pain never comes.

“Cassie. Cassie. Are you in pain? Where did you hurt yourself?” I opened my eyes to see a worried looking Jayden scanning my legs and arms for bruises.

“Why are you crying? Is it very painful? Did you hurt your butt again?” Jayden looked at me worriedly.

“Cassie?” Jayden called again when he saw me not responding.

“I’m not Cassidy. I’m Madelynn.” I said softly. His posture immediately tensed up and he stared hard at me. After realisation, he stood up from the ground and turned away from me.

“I’m sorry. I-I…” He took sideway glance at me.

“Are you alright?” He asked hesitantly. I nodded at him and stood up slowly from the ground. Both of us stared at each other for a while. His eyes have some unreadable expression.

“You should rest early. There is school tomorrow. You can just pick any empty room you like.” After finishing his sentence, he turned his back to me and walked away. I know in his heart, there is only room for Cassidy. However somewhere in my heart, I was hoping that he would see me. When he mistook me as Cassidy, I never know it would hurt me. Why am I feeling this way?