Chapter Four - Strange Memories

The Fiery Alpha Chapter Four – Strange Memories

*Madelynn's POV*

"Did you see the Alpha today? How... is he?" I am standing outside the door when I heard my mum's voice. Alpha?

"I didn't manage to meet him today. He's not at the pack house." That's my dad. He paused for a while before continuing. "He probably went to visit her."

Who are they talking about?

"Today is her death anniversary." There is a hint of sadness in my mum's voice when she said that.

"Our daughter's death anniversary." What? I thought they are unable to bear children. And I'm still alive. What is going on?

Suddenly, the front door flung open revealing my mum. "Sweetie, why are you standing at the door and not coming in?" How does she know that I'm outside of the house?

"Oh. No. I was about to open the door." I stepped into the house and smiled at my parents.

"I'm just going to stay in my room." I said while heading towards my room. I decided not to ask anything and pretended that I didn't hear anything. I do not why I choose to ignore but at this point of time, it feels like the right thing to do. Probably I was just hoping that my parents would decide to tell me everything when they are ready.

"I will call you when dinner is ready." My mum said.

"Ok." I nodded at her and closed my room door. Just as I thought my life couldn't get any weirder, that's when I met him.

4 days later...

"LYNN!!!" Madison is waving her hand frantically at me from the car. Today is the day that we will be going for a shopping trip! This is probably the first time that I'm going out with friends after many years being stuck in the hospital or at home due to my weak heart.

"Hey guys!!" I walked up happily to their cars. I travelled with Hailey, Brayden, Chloe and Aiden. Aiden is the driver, with Chloe sitting next to him. I sit at the back with Hailey and Brayden. Hailey is sitting between Brayden and me.

"Lynn, have you been to the mall before?" Hailey asked.

"Nope. I just moved here few days ago. From young, I have a weak heart. 4 years ago, I managed to receive a heart transplant. I decided to enrol into the University here therefore, my family and I decided to move to New Oak." I said.

"4 years ago? A heart transplant?" Hailey sounded surprise and Brayden seemed to be in deep thoughts.

"Is it painful? How are you feeling now?" Hailey looked at me worriedly. "Is it too much for you to handle for you to go out?"

"Don't worry. I feel much better already. Thanks for concerning." I smiled assuredly at her.

After 30 minutes of car ride, we finally reached the mall. The moment we got down of the car, Madison squealed excitedly and started pushing the girls to walk faster. Now I know why they have a lifeless look on their face when they hear Madison asking for a shopping trip. 6 hours!!! We have been walking for 6 hours straight without stopping. The guys, especially Chase, only get excited when we visited Victoria Secret. Other than that, they looked like some lifeless souls wandering around.

"I'm hungry!!!" Chase whined like a little kid, putting his arms around Ava's waist and leaning his forehead against her shoulder. I can't help but giggle at his childish behaviour. Madison, Chloe and Hailey are in a dress shop. The rest of us are standing outside of the shop.

Ava raised her hand and patted gently on Chase's head.  "Ok. We are going to eat soon." Chase pouted and continued rubbing his forehead against Ava's shoulder.