Chapter Twenty Seven - Arguments

Note: Jayden knows everything that happened between Jake and Callie. However, Madelynn knows nothing about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Fiery Alpha  Chapter Twenty Seven - Arguments

*Madelynn’s POV*

“Madelynn…” Suddenly, he grabbed hold of my arm which stopped me from moving forward.

“Yes?” I asked without turning my head to look at him. After a few minutes, he didn’t say anything. Slowly, I turned around to face him. The moment I lifted up my head to look at him, I regretted. His eyes hold so many emotions. Looking into his eyes, I can’t seem to be able to look away from him.

Why is he doing this? I agreed to let him go, didn’t I?

“Madelynn, I-I…” Jayden looked hesitant.

“Is there anything wrong?” I asked softly.

“I’m so-…”

Just as he is going to say something, someone interrupted. “Lynn, we are making pancakes. Do you want some?”

I turned around to see Chloe heading towards us. I quickly removed my hand away from Jayden’s grip and walked up to Chloe.

“Am I disturbing you two?” Chloe said, and eyed at the both of us cautiously.

“Nope. Not at all.” I said, looking at Jayden and then back to Chloe. “I want pancakes too. Let me help out too.”

Just as I took a few steps, I turned around. “Do… you want to have pancakes too?”

Jayden faced me and nodded at me. “Sure.”

I walked with Chloe, with Jayden behind us. Once we reached the ground level, Chloe and I went into the kitchen. Ava was already inside the kitchen preparing the ingredients. I was so busy enjoying cooking and chit-chatting with the girls that I didn’t realise his existence till Chloe said something.

“Just give us 5 more minutes. Don’t stand here and pressurise us!” Chloe said and pushed Aiden back to the dining table. When I looked towards the kitchen entrance, Jayden is leaning against door. And his eyes are entirely focused on me. He has been acting strange recently especially after my parents passed away. I looked away from him and focused on frying the last few pancakes. Once it is done, I placed them on the plate and carried out to the dining table.

Once I reached the dining table, Ava, Chase, Chloe and Aiden are already sitting around the table. Jayden went to sit at one end of the table. Chloe urged me sit down. So now I am sitting at the corner of the table, beside Chloe and Jayden. Aiden sat at the other side of Chloe. Chase and Ava are directly opposite me.

Throughout the meal, I could feel his gaze on me every now and then. When I looked at the others, they are staring between me and Jayden.