48

On Wednesday, Quinn dropped Beth off at school and returned home. She started to get ready for lunch when she got a FaceTime call from Rachel.

"Hey, Rachel."

"Hey, Quinn." Rachel smiled. "Is now a bad time?"

"No, it's okay." Quinn said.

"Good." Rachel replied. "Can we go shopping soon? With Kurt?"

"Uh, sure. Why are you calling about that?" Quinn asked.

"Well I wanna go sometime before Noah's show." Rachel stated.

"Yeah, sure. Beth's gonna be done with school on Friday and I wanna go to New York as soon as possible." Quinn answered. "If I ever finish packing."

"Finish packing!" Rachel ordered. "What time does Beth get out on Friday?"

"12:30." Quinn responded.

"Perfect!" Rachel exclaimed. "We'll get Finn to watch her while we go shopping on Friday afternoon. And we should get our nails done."

"Sounds good." Quinn responded as someone knocked on her apartment door. "Come in!"

"Who's that?" Rachel wondered.

"I'm grabbing lunch with a friend." Quinn replied. "I'll talk to you on Friday. Talk to Finn, okay?"

"I will. Bye."

"Bye." Quinn hung up FaceTime and turned to greet her friend. "Hey, Ariana King."

Ariana smiled. "Hey, Quinn Fabray."

The blonde hugged the dirty-blonde girl.

"Did you have to graduate?" Ariana asked as she looked around at the cardboard boxes in Quinn's apartment.

Quinn nodded. "You will, too."

"In two years." Ariana said. "Ready for lunch? We can catch up."

"Yeah." Quinn said.

The two girls left Quinn's apartment and headed to the campus. Ariana had meal swipes that she wanted to use up, so they had agreed to eat in Yale's dining hall.

"This will be the last time you eat here." Ariana frowned as they sat down at a table with their food.

Quinn shook her head. "I'm gonna eat here when I come back to visit you."

"I've only known you for, like, two years and I'm gonna miss you so much." Ariana stated. "You're my best friend at Yale."

"I'm gonna miss you, too." Quinn frowned.

Ariana was her closest friend at Yale, too. The pair spent a lot of time together, and Ariana slept at Quinn's apartment when her roommate drove her crazy. Quinn would've lived with Ariana if she didn't have Beth.

"Are you excited for New York?" Ariana wondered.

Quinn nodded. "My boyfriend is taking the summer off to spend time with me and Beth. We have a lot of friends living in New York, too."

"That's great." Ariana smiled.

"You should totally come to his last show! It's on Sunday." Quinn informed her friend. "I can ask him to get you a ticket."

"Oh, that would be awesome." Ariana said. "Thanks."

Quinn took out her phone. "I'll ask him right now."

can you pleeease get another ticket for my friend Ariana?

is she the Yale girl?

yeah why?

Sure Beth said she's cool

thank you 😘

it's gonna be a great show. A lot of the glee kids are coming

Like who?

Mercedes, Sam, Santana, Brittany, Kurt, Dave, Finn, Rachel, Mike, Tina, Artie, Kitty, Marley, Jake, Rory, Sugar & probably more

what about your mom and Sarah?

Sarah maybe

that's great! I have to go I'm @ lunch with Ari but I'll ttyl

I love you baby mama

I love you too baby daddy

Quinn put her phone away and looked at Ariana. "Sorry about that. All set."

"Great." Ariana grinned. "Thank your boyfriend for me."

Quinn nodded. "I will. I can't wait for you to finally meet him."

"I know! Every time he came to visit, I was studying or sick or not here." Ariana laughed lightly.

"Yeah, and he's a busy guy." Quinn replied with a shrug. "You'll like him."

"I'm sure I will." Ariana nodded.

"So what about you?" Quinn asked. "Are you seeing anyone?"

Ariana shrugged. "Sort of. I've been out with Gary a few times."

"And?" Quinn wondered.

"He's really sweet." Ariana said. "But I don't know."

Quinn nodded. She understood that.

"So who am I gonna see at this show on Sunday? Besides your boyfriend." Ariana questioned Quinn.

"You're gonna see Santana, Brittany, Rachel, Finn, Beth, and you're gonna meet a lot of other people." Quinn warned Ariana. "I'll introduce you. You'll love them."

"Great." Ariana smiled.

The girls caught up and enjoyed each other's company for a while. When it was time for Quinn to go get Beth from school, the girls said their goodbyes and split up.