44

Quinn unlocked the door to the apartment. She froze when she saw the three guys sitting on the floor. "Babe?"

Puck looked up at Quinn. He slowly stood up and tossed the toy football to Finn. "Hey, babe. Surprise."

"Hi." Quinn said. "What are you doing here?"

"My show is tomorrow night, so I wanted to come help paint." Puck replied. "Did you pick it up?"

Quinn shook her head. "Not yet. Beth was tired, so I was gonna leave her with Finn and Dave."

"I'll come with you then." Puck said.

"I have to come, too." Kurt told him.

"Alright. Let's go." Puck nodded as he looked at the other three adults. "Keep an eye on my monkeyface."

"Bye!"

The three of them headed to the paint store. It was only a few blocks away, so they walked. Kurt was leading the way.

Quinn took Puck's hand. "What was up with you on our last phone call?"

"What do you mean?" Puck asked.

"You were getting kinda mad." Quinn stated.

"I just don't want us to screw up Beth." Puck clarified. "Even if she got the stupid gene from me."

"You're not stupid, Noah." Quinn reminded Puck. "You're actually very smart."

"Yeah." Puck chuckled sarcastically.

Quinn looked at him. "If you were stupid, would you be able to cook? Or drive a car? Or a motorcycle?"

"I guess not." Puck shrugged. "But that's different. She's gonna need to do well in school if she wants to be a doctor or a lawyer or whatever."

"Right now she wants to be like Santana, but that'll change within the week." Quinn told Puck. "She's gonna accomplish whatever she wants because she'll have you and me encouraging her."

Puck looked at Quinn.

Quinn continued. "I sat down with her while she did homework for an hour. She knows the information, but she needs the encouragement."

"Yeah." Puck nodded.

"Here's what we'll do." Quinn suggested. "We'll start preparing her for first grade over the summer and if we think she isn't ready to move up by the end of the summer, then we'll hold her back."

"I think that's a good idea." Puck commented. "And I'll be around this summer so I'll get to see how it goes."

"Exactly. We'll see how it goes. Together." Quinn repeated. "I'm sorry for fighting with you before."

Puck shook his head. "I'm sorry. I was out of line."

"I love you." Quinn reminded Puck.

"I love you, too." Puck told Quinn as he squeezed her hand.

"And just so you know, I would love you whether you went to an Ivy League or a community college or no college." Quinn added. "I would love you if you were a struggling artist or even a homeless man."

Puck smirked. "I love you no matter what, too."