13

On Wednesday morning, Quinn woke up and went to shower. Usually, she showered and got ready for the day before she even woke Beth up for school. When she left the bathroom after her shower, there was a knock at the door.

"It's open."

The door opened slowly and Santana peeked in.

"Santana!" Quinn exclaimed as she hugged the Latina. "I'm so happy you're here."

"Me too." Santana grinned as she hugged Quinn back. "You would not believe the traffic."

"Come in." Quinn said as she and Santana parted. "Beth's still asleep."

Santana nodded and wheeled her bag in. She closed and locked the door. "Beth's going to school, right?"

Quinn nodded. "I'm sure she's gonna give me a hard time because you're here."

"Want me to hide?" Santana offered. "I'll leave my bag somewhere and I'll hang out on campus for an hour."

"No, it's okay." Quinn said. "Thank you though."

Santana smiled. "So what's up? How are things?"

"Good." Quinn replied. "You?"

"Same." Santana said. "Can I go wake up Beth?"

"Knock yourself out, but she's not a morning person." Quinn warned Santana.

"Just like you." Santana smirked as she walked away.

Quinn's phone rang when she was alone. She saw that it was Puck, so she answered it. "Hey."

"Hey, babe." Puck said softly. "I, uh, sorry I haven't called or texted in a few days. It's been a little crazy."

"That's okay." Quinn replied. "How's everything going?"

"Oh, it's all good. We're heading to Philly today." Puck answered. "But that's not why I'm calling."

"Then why are you calling?" Quinn wondered.

Puck sighed. "I know how much you've been looking forward to this 'cause I have, too, and I'm so proud of you and-"

"What is it?" Quinn interrupted.

"I'm not gonna make it on Sunday." Puck blurted. "I'm really sorry."

"Oh." Quinn said, hiding her disappointment. "It's okay. I understand."

"I'm really proud of you and I'll be there in spirit." Puck promised. "I gotta go, but I love you and we'll talk soon."

"Yeah, sure. Bye, Noah."

Quinn hung up the phone and sighed as Santana returned with a small sleepy blonde on her hip.

"Did she sleep at all last night, Quinn?" Santana asked. "She looks so tired."

"I told you she doesn't like being awake in the mornings." Quinn said as she rubbed Beth's back. "Come on, B. You gotta get ready for school."

"Can I skip school?" Beth requested groggily.

Quinn shook her head. "You're skipping on Monday. Come on."

"Okay." Beth said as she squirmed out of Santana's arms and walked into the bathroom.

Quinn looked at Santana. "Make yourself comfortable. When she's done getting ready, wanna come with me to drop her off at school and then we'll get breakfast?"

"Sure." Santana nodded.