23

"She's in your bed watching TV, but she got her lullaby." Puck informed Quinn when he returned and sat beside her. "So now we can talk about us."

Quinn nodded.

Puck took a deep breath. "I love you, Quinn. And I'm sorry for how I've been treating you lately. I promise to be better to you. You deserve that."

Quinn took Puck's hand. "I forgive you. And I love you, too."

"Are we gonna be okay? I mean, my career isn't worth losing you." Puck said.

"We'll be okay." Quinn nodded. "I would never ask you to give up something you're so good at for me."

Puck took a deep breath. "I'll tell Kelly about us when I get back, and if she tells me to break up with you, I could always just fire her."

"We don't have to move so fast." Quinn told Puck. "You don't have to tell her yet."

"We've been dating for, like, a year." Puck said as he looked at Quinn.

Quinn shrugged. "I don't want things to get more complicated for you."

Puck nodded. "Alright."

Quinn leaned over and lightly kissed Puck's lips. When she pulled back, she looked at him. "When B falls asleep, I'll move her and then we can curl up inside."

"Sure." Puck said.

"When do you have to go back?" Quinn wondered.

Puck sighed. "Tomorrow morning."

Quinn frowned. "Really?"

"Yup." Puck nodded slowly. "I think I'm heading to the west coast next."

"I thought you said you were going to Lima." Quinn stated.

"I wanna go to Lima." Puck said. "But whatever my team says, goes."

"Why don't you get a new team?" Quinn wondered. "I mean, Santana knows people, Rachel knows people, Finn knows people."

Puck shook his head. "I need to do all of this on my own. I can't let them carry me forward."

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind." Quinn said. "I mean, Santana could even be your manager herself."

"No." Puck replied.

"It was just a suggestion." Quinn told Puck.

"I appreciate it." Puck responded. "And if it gets bad again, I'll consider it, but for now the answer is no."

Quinn slowly got up. "I'm gonna go put Beth in her bed so we can go to bed."

"Or not go to bed." Puck added.

Quinn grinned. "We have to be quiet. I don't want B waking up."

"No promises." Puck smirked as he stood up and lightly kissed Quinn's cheek.