39

Quinn and Puck said their goodbyes before Puck left. Quinn hated when he left. She always got upset, even though she knew he'd be back.

Luckily, Quinn had a distraction because she had to pick up Beth from school. She headed to Beth's school ten minutes earlier than usual so she could talk to Beth's teacher.

"Hi, Mrs. Greene. How are you?" Quinn asked.

"I'm well, Miss Fabray. And yourself?" Mrs. Greene asked.

"Good." Quinn nodded. "Um, my boyfriend told me you wanted to talk to me about Beth. She's not in trouble or anything, is she?"

"Not at all." Mrs. Greene shook her head. "Beth is very well-behaved. Except for that one incident, we haven't had a behavioral problem with her."

Quinn nodded. The incident was when Beth fell off the swings at recess and yelled fuck. Puck found it hilarious, but Quinn was embarrassed.

"I have to pick up the kids from gym class, but make yourself comfortable, and I'll be right back with Beth." Mrs. Greene said as she walked out of the room.

Quinn took a deep breath and sat at the round table by Mrs. Greene's desk.

Miss u already

Miss you too

did u talk 2 B's teacher?

not yet. I'll call you later

Quinn put her phone away as Beth and Mrs. Greene entered the classroom.

"Mommy!" Beth exclaimed as she ran over to Quinn and climbed onto her lap.

"Hi, sweetie." Quinn kissed Beth's cheek as she looked at Mrs. Greene. "Is it okay that she's here for this?"

Mrs. Greene nodded. "Let's get to it, shall we?"

Quinn nodded back.

"Beth is a wonderfully behaved child. She's very social and funny." Mrs. Greene began. "But after much consideration, we believe that it's in her best interest to repeat kindergarten."

Quinn looked at the teacher. "I-I don't understand. Her grades are fine."

"Because it's kindergarten." Mrs. Greene replied. "I think she tries, but she doesn't learn as fast as the other kids."

"Are you saying she has a learning disability?" Quinn asked.

Mrs. Greene nodded slowly. "It's nothing a little extra guidance can't fix. She's very eager to learn and it would be wise to have her repeat kindergarten."

"I... I don't know what to say." Quinn said softly. "Beth isn't coming back here in the fall. We're moving to New York as soon as school ends."

"The final decision is yours." Mrs. Greene informed Quinn. "Think about it and do what's best for her. There's no shame in repeating a grade."

Quinn nodded and stood up. "Alright. B, grab your bag. Let's go home."

Beth grabbed her backpack and held it out to Quinn.

"Put it on your back and let's go." Quinn replied as she turned to Beth's teacher. "Thank you for your time."

"See you tomorrow, Beth." Mrs. Greene waved.