42

"Hi, babe." Quinn answered the phone when Puck called that night. "How was rehearsal?"

"It was good. What's new in New Haven?" Puck wondered.

"We're going to New York this weekend to furniture shop and paint the apartment." Quinn informed Puck.

"I'll try to make it, but no promises." Puck responded.

"Finn and Dave are gonna help with painting and Kurt's gonna help pick out furniture." Quinn informed Puck. "But I wanted to talk to you about Beth."

"What about her?" Puck wondered.

"I talked to her teacher today and told her we're not letting her repeat kindergarten." Quinn informed Puck.

"Quinn..."

"I helped her with her homework yesterday. She's fine." Quinn insisted.

"Quinn, don't you think the teacher would know better than us? We're not exactly qualified to make that decision." Puck stated.

"Yes we are." Quinn argued. "We're her parents."

Puck sighed. "Look, if the teacher thinks she should repeat kindergarten, then she probably should."

"Why are you on the teacher's side?" Quinn asked.

"Because I don't want Beth to be a failure." Puck answered.

"What are you talking about?" Quinn wondered.

"It's not a secret that I'm not the brightest. I mean, I swallowed a thumbtack once." Puck reminded Quinn.

Quinn furrowed her eyebrow. "So?"

"So I don't want our daughter struggling through school or hating it or struggling to graduate high school when the time comes." Puck informed Quinn. "Because that wasn't fun for either of us."

Quinn bit her lip. She hadn't thought about it like that. "You're smarter than you think, Noah. School just isn't for everybody."

"Is that why they send the smart kids to Ivy League schools and the dumb kids get rejected from community colleges?" Puck wondered.

"I don't care if Beth goes to a community college or an Ivy League." Quinn clarified. "I don't care that you didn't go to college."

"But wouldn't you be happier if I did? And if Beth went to Yale like you?" Puck asked.

Quinn sighed. "Noah, can we please stop talking about this right now?"

"Sorry, I'm too dumb to understand what that means, so I'm gonna keep talking." Puck replied. "I'm the reason that Beth-"

"Goodbye, Noah. I love you."

Quinn hung up the phone and sighed.