Prologue

[PROLOGUE]

; THE FEARLESS WARRIOR

She peered down at the four men dressed in black. She was currently on a branch, hiding from her four chasers. The fact that they wore all black made it hard to notice them in the dark forest; the bright moon the only light source.

"Where'd she go?!" One whispered harshly—most likely the leader figure in the group of the paid spies—as the other three kept an eye out for the masked female.

"Who even is this girl?"

"I don't know, the guy said to hunt the girl with the mask and bring her back alive."

"She's probably some peasant thief,"

"I don't care, he's paying a lot."

She smirked behind the black cloth that wrapped around her face, her eyes the only thing you could see from her entire face. Her black attire made her blend in well with the dark trees and her long ponytail slightly swayed from the cool night breeze.

She quietly slid her sword back into its case that hung around her waist. The sounds of leaves crunching beneath the men made her stop her actions. She watched one of the men stand directly below the branch where she was crouched down on. Before he could say anything, he heard movement above him.

He looked up but it was too late. The female had hung off the branch with her two hands clutching tightly on the cylinder shaped object. She let herself swing and her feet met his chest.

He yelled out in pain as he felt the air knock out of him. He fell onto his back and groaned from the sudden force. His partners quickly turned to him and took out their weapons right away.

She landed on the ground roughly and looked up from her crouched position. "You made the wrong choice of hunting for me," she slowly stood up and glared at her four hunters with distaste.

One smirked. "Ooh, we're scared," He mocked before grinning. "What's a girl going to do to us? Pull our hair?"

The female chuckled and cracked her knuckles. "I love when foolish pests underestimate the strength of women," She began to walk forward. "I don't know what kind of offer you were given but even a dog knows that when you deal with me, it'll be the only thing you'll deal with ever again."

"Are you threatening us?"

She simply shrugged. "Maybe I am. Are you ready to die?"

"You son of a—"

"Before the action happens, I think it'd be fair for you to know the one you died by the hands of," a glint sparkled in her eyes.

"My name is Suji," She unsheathed her sword gracefully, the shiny metal blade made its sharp entrance into the chilly atmosphere. She ran her fingers down the blade before bringing the sword to her side. "And I'm not a peasant thief,"

She swung the dull side of the sword over her shoulder, her eyes wrinkling which indicated the large grin forming on her face.

"You may heard of me," The faces of the males paled instantly when she finished her sentence.

"I'm called the Fearless Warrior, ring a bell?"

idk why but i use the term;
'fearless _____' a lot, i really need to find new words for my vocabulary

—fathercoups