Sixteen

[CHAPTER SIXTEEN]

; THE QUEEN

It's been more than three weeks since the Fearless Warrior has gone missing and has been a week and a half since the Choi family has been missing.

The two best friends of Suji were told to give up on searching for Suji and to just wait for a miracle to happen since Suji was very good at disappearing and that no footsteps were left behind.

Sun Woo was still worried as ever and could only pray for his friend.

***

The Choi family walked around the town with sedge hats on their heads to cover their identity. Suji was wearing her mask as well since she was the number one targeted.

"How are you guys holding up?" Suji asked, carrying Eunha on her back since her ankle was sprained.

"We're doing fine, when are we doing the plan now that we're out here?" Jihan asked as Suji looked at him from under her hat.

"Soon. The time is not right yet."

The family continued to wander the streets. They've been secretly staying in a inn for a while, with Suji sneaking out to grab food for them with the silver they earned from their jewelry sale. One of the main reasons as to why they sold the jewelry: to prepare for the events happening like the current one for example. It was all apart of their plan. Suji's plan.

The family decided to rest under a shaded area so Eunha can rest her swollen ankle. Soo tended to her injury and the girl was now wearing a white cloth around it.

They all sat against the wall, relaxing. Soo was feeding Tae Oh, Minjae, and Eunha water while the twins and Suji stayed alert.

Jihun tapped Suji's shoulder and pointed to the one of the Queen's guard who was wandering around with some other guards. It seemed that that man was the leader of the group.

Suji nodded and the seven siblings pushed down their hats even further to avoid eye contact. Suji cursed under her breath when she saw the man's feet in front of them.

"Who are you and what are you doing outside of the Queen's palace?"

"We are just simply resting from a long walk. Please do not mind us as we are no harm." Suji spoke formally.

"Lift up your hats so I could see your face."

"No thank you." Jihan instantly said.

"It was not an option, lift your hats." The man demanded.

"Why?" Jihun questioned.