Five

[CHAPTER FIVE]

; HWARANG?

Suji and Moo Myung parted ways, knowing that they'll meet each other again soon. Suji continued to walk around with her mask, ignoring either the long stares on her or the murmurs about her; or both. She stopped her at walking when she came across a sign. She watched the man stick it onto the board and leave.

"Hwarang? The hell is this? Beautiful men?" Suji quietly snorted to herself as she read the whole thing. Her eyes caught onto the signature at the bottom of the letter; it was the Queen's.

"Guess the Queen needs some dogs to protect the King—" Suji stopped shortly as she suddenly remembered her conversation with Moo Myung in the forest.

"Why was Moon being hunted?"

"He claimed to have seen the King with his own eyes. I didn't quite believe him. I didn't know that this'll be the outcome."

"That man must've been one of the Queens.. Oh how I'm going to find you.." Suji quietly muttered to herself as she noticed men were crowding her, more like the sign. She heard a deep voice beside her read the sign, not noticing her presence yet.

She wore men clothing and had her hair in a high ponytail but if people saw her face, they would definitely recognize her. The Fearless Warrior.

She then heard two men bickering behind her. She quickly turned around and began to walk away but was stopped in her tracks shortly when she heard her famous title being called out.

"The Fearless Warrior?" An amused voice spoke and she turned around to be face to face with the famous Soo Ho. Of course she knew the handsome male. She knew him for two reasons. One, she has a connection and, he was probably the bigger flirt in the whole of Seorabeol.

"That is me."

"I knew I'd see you again. You're quite amazing. Loved your little show last night," Soo Ho winked at her flirtatiously at her making Suji chuckled.

"I try my best." Soo Ho laughed with his friends while Suji's eyes averted to Ban Ryu who was staring at her with curiosity. She raised an eyebrow at the familiarity of the male.

"Oh, it's you. I see that your friend isn't with you, I didn't damage his feelings too hard did I?" Suji questioned as Soo Ho and his friends snickered. Suji sighed when she got no response but a hard stare from the male.

"Well. I was hoping no one would approach me today but it seems you have. I'll be on my way now—"

"Why are you more active in public now?" Ban Ryu blurted out making Suji turned back around.

"Pardon?"

"We always hear stories about the great warrior but why now? Why have you suddenly revealed yourself to the world?" Ban Ryu continued. Suji chuckled.

"Is there a problem with that?"

"Of course not. Just a little curious."

"Well I suggest you to get rid of that curiosity or else you could get killed by it." Suji warned before leaving the speechless group.

***

Suji strolled around the streets, stopping at a few stands to see if anything would catch her eye until she recognized someone from the crowd.

Suji was about to open her mouth to greet Moo Myung but stopped as she realized something serious was happening. Why was he following that man?

She decided to secretly follow after him, just in case something really bad happened. She then cursed under her breath when she realized she lost him.

She began to walk around for what seemed like ages, trying to find him again until she heard talking from inside a building. She mentally groaned when she recognized one of the voices belonged to Moo Myung.

She was about to enter but stopped when she heard it. That one sentence.

"My friend died by the sword you wielded."

Suji exhaled uneasy. At first she was convinced but then remembered something.

"The man that Dog-Bird was following was wearing a different attire and looked younger—oh no, he's mistaken on the killer." Suji groaned as she slapped her forehead from Moo Myung's urge to find Mak Moon's killer which made his eager side come out. Meaning that he just had to get his priorities done and over with right away, like right away.

Suji decided to stand outside and hide, wait for Moo Myung until he was finished with his little conflict. If anything serious happened though, she'd jump right in but this wasn't her fight so she had no right to jump in like a hero and demand them to stop and such.

She heard a loud boom in the area and a heated conversation occur in the building. She peeked inside to see what was going on and saw a female robe. Her eyes widen as she recognized the colours of the robe. Suji swore that it was the robe of her best friend, Ah Ro.

"That stupid girl, does she want to get herself killed?!" Suji whispered furiously to herself as she slowly crept into the building.

She slowly walked in between the frames and followed after Ah Ro who was shaking in fear.

Suji decided to stay unseen, planning on how to save Ah Ro from the mess. She was too busy thinking of a strategy to even listen to the words that the two men exchanged.

"What to do.." Suji quietly trailed off as she placed her hand onto the handle of her sword, ready to take action if the two men suddenly decide to break into a fight right away.

She was about to call out to Ah Ro but stopped shortly, turning frozen when Ah Ro suddenly had a blade pointed towards her neck.

At that moment, time seemed to stop and everyone in the room was frozen.

important !!!!!!

sorry for updating chapter three, i had a typo. instead of putting minho's character's name as soo ho, i put suho because i was suddenly thinking of momma suho in exo haha.

also, i just started to watch hwarang and i'm currently watching episode three as i write these chapters so please bear with me :)

—fathercoups