36

Suji had noticed that Jun had been distant with her for the past few days, he seemed nervous when around her and was always deep in thought.

Whenever she asked him if he was okay, he'd put on a nervous smile and nod, saying that he was perfectly fine. She'd also always catching him staring at her but when he caught her gaze, he'd clear his throat and look away.

The Princess was on her way to the Hwarang House and the siblings that were not apart of Hwarang went to go distract Inseong.

Inseong didn't know about the Princess's arrival, surprisingly, the twins managed to not let him find out. The older brother seemed to have notice something off about the twins since they would randomly scream in his ear whenever people were talking about something.

He decided to let it slide and wait.

Suji was on her way to the Hwarang House. The siblings dragged Inseong to go have lunch with them, leaving the twins and herself to find a way to bring Inseong back without him seeing the Princess although they already knew that they were going to see each other eventually.

Suji noticed a familiar man and let out a small smile, creeping up behind him,

"It's been a while."

The man jumped at the sudden voice but his eyes widen at the familiar girl.

"Your—"

Suji hushed him, "Yes, it is actually me."

The man seemed to understand her situation and smiled, "It's been an extremely long time. The last time I saw you was when you were below my hip."

"Time flies, huh?"

He nodded, "How have you been doing?"

"I've been doing fine, how are you? Y'know, with raising the King?"

He looked at her, "It's good, I consider him as a son of my own. Are you—"

"Yes, soon. In the meantime, continue to watch over the King."

"What about you?"

"I'll call you when I need your help."

The man nodded.

"I'll see you around, Pa Oh."

-

Suji was strolling around the Hwarang House but stopped when she recognized a familiar figure walking around. "Jun!"

The male turned to her direction and his eyes widen in surprise but before he could leave, Suji sprinted towards him quickly, grabbing him by the arm to stop him from going anywhere.

"Hey, hey, what's the rush?"

"Huh? Rush? W-What do you mean?" Jun stammered out, avoiding eye contact with Suji.

"You seem to be avoiding me, did I do something wrong?"

"N-No.. Am I avoiding you?"

"Yeah you are."

"Really? I don't think I am.."

"Jun.."

"I-I gotta go to, uh,"

"Jun." She spoke with more sternness in her tone.

Jun glanced around nervously and let out a huge sigh, "Okay.. uh.. I'm just a bit nervous.."

"For what?"

"Your birthday.. What if, y'know, something bad happens?"

Silence came.