Chapter 80

(Hosanna's POV)

Mia and I leave after breakfast together. It's just the two of us for the morning. Everyone else will join us after lunch. We enter the spa and are immediately shuffled back to change into robes. Mia tells me how she's been here several times since my wedding. She explains that they have whole days planned out and that's what we're going to do, some sort of full day pampering. I let her lead since I don't know anything about this, except the things they did last time.
We're taken into a room that we were in previously. Instead of burning the hair off our legs like we had done before, they're waxing them this time. I've actually been looking forward to get this done—my legs feel disgusting and I can't wait for it to be removed.  They start to prep us and I gasp in surprise as the first strip is removed.  I wasn't expecting it to be so painful. I look over to Mia and she's watching them prep her.  The moment they pull the first strip off of her, she screams out in pain.  I endure as each section is removed but Mia is in tears. 
"I assume this is why it's just the two of us this morning?" I say. I cringe when the wax is pulled off again. 
"Yeah. Well, that and I wanted to spend some time with just the two of us," she responds sniffling.
I smile before she cries out in pain once more. "Yeah, good choice in bonding experiences," I tell her sarcastically.  She laughs and cries at the same time.
They do some other places, too. The entire experience is incredibly awkward and painful.  I can't say that I'm going to ever have this done again but it's making Mia happy even though she's in agony.  Somehow, me joining her is comforting. At least they put a kind of numbing medication on our skin afterward, which helps a bit.
We end up spending part of the morning covered in some sort of wrap around our bodies with goo underneath.  It's supposed to soothe our skin and exfoliate or something.  I'm really not as into this as Mia is. 
"Did you talk with Charlotte after I left?" I ask.
"The funny thing is that she never came home last night," Mia explains.
"Does that happen a lot?" I question concerned.  Why would she not go home?  I hope she didn't feel that guilty about it.  It was just a silly mistake. 
"Not really, at least not that I've noticed," she replies.
"How is she doing with Dan?  I never really hear much about them," I say.
"I don't know.  Sometimes he stays the night, sometimes not.  I've heard her complaining about him to Tyler on occasion.  I have no idea what all of that is about.  She doesn't usually talk to me about their relationship," Mia admits.
"Oh," I respond.  That's kind of weird that she'd complain to a guy friend and not a girl, especially her roommate. 
We spend some time after the wrap rinsing off and soaking in the tub.  We get a variety of massages done, different oils rubbed on and absorbed into our skin.  Lunch is brought to us and it almost reminds me of something we'd eat in the Erudite cafeteria except there's a substantial portion of protein.  There's a variety of fresh vegetables and the beverage is some sort of healthy drink with antioxidants and vitamins.
Mia gets her hair highlighted again and trimmed.  I decide to get my hair touched up, too.  The blue was starting to fade and grow out.  I know Eric loves it so I'll keep it like this for a while longer.  I do decide to get a little different style of blue than before though.  Mia tries to talk me into getting my hair cut but I know Eric really likes it long too so I just decide to get it trimmed a little on the ends. 
Afterward, we have some sort of treatment done to our hair to make it shiny and more healthy.  We get our heads and faces massaged, too. I bet Eric would like that. The rest of the girls in the wedding party join us for this.  They're practically giddy to be here.  I think so many of them are excited to be a part of the wedding.  Even Lydia seems happy to be here. We have our nails done and that takes a while. I choose a French manicure again because it's more my style than anything else they offer. 
Mia and I lounge around in the sauna while the other girls select what they want to have done. Some join us, some not. We get another massage and spend the rest of the time soaking in a scented bath. 
We get dried off and dress for the rehearsal. Mia is practically glowing after a day of pampering. I'd have to admit, I feel pretty good, too. My legs and other areas aren't sore anymore and my skin is practically tingling. We have simple hairstyles done with light makeup at the spa before going downstairs to the Pit. Everything is already set up near the Chasm for the wedding. The chairs and some decorations are out and it's absolutely lovely.
I see Eric talking to Ryan and I run to his arms. He picks me up and kisses me, spinning us around.  "You have no idea how much I've missed you today," he says.
"I missed you, too," I tell him squeezing him tightly.
Mia comes up laughing. "Geez, you two are inseparable," she jokes.
"I can't wait to take you home tonight," Eric says ignoring her comment.
"There will be none of that. She's staying with me tonight," she insists.
Eric frowns. "I'm sorry. I guess there's a sleepover for all the girls in the wedding," I apologize.
"Baby," he whines. "But I need you."
I smile widely at the admission.
"Nobody wants to hear about that, lover boy," Mia says to him grabbing my hand and pulling me toward the Chasm.
There's an arbor set up here for an altar. Mia instructs everyone on what we're going to do and how to walk down the aisle.  Max apparently has done this before and helps her with the direction of everything else.  We do a quick run through but when we start to pair up the men walking the ladies down the aisle, we pause at Tyler and Ava.  He's staring down at her belly frowning. 
"It's fine.  I'll take him," Lydia says.  That leaves my brother with Ava and she smiles kindly to him. 
"I hadn't even thought about that.  I asked them both before I found out that they broke up," Mia says biting her lip. 
"Don't worry about it," I tell her.  "It's already taken care of."
"You're right," she says nodding.  She looks down the aisle at Ryan and sighs.  "Tomorrow he's going to be my husband."
Her voice sounds so excited and well... her.  I'm glad she's feeling better and back to herself.  I really am happy for them.  We get through the rehearsal and take several vehicles to my church at Candor.
We arrive and many of the people that've never been here before look around us in awe. It is really beautiful in the fall. The trees lining the walkway nearby are all a lovely mix of orange, yellow, and red. When the wind blows, it appears as if it's raining colored leaves.
"We're definitely taking some pictures over there tomorrow," Mia comments. I just nod in response. It is breathtaking. You can hear the small stream flowing and it's like a gentle version of the Chasm.  We advance inside the church and meet everyone in the sanctuary.  Pastor Roberts is orchestrating the procession. 
Both Ryan and Mia's parents are here along with Mia's older brother and his family.  I find out that Ryan was an only child.  I never would've guessed.  The ceremony is a bit different here and the groomsmen are to escort the parents and family to the front seats on either side of the church.  Ryan's friends, Paul and Craig, who I just learned their names tonight are supposed to escort people in but they grumble about having to do so.  They appear to be too busy trying to hit on Abby and Julia from the look of it.  Of course neither of them seem interested because the men appear to be a bit... full of themselves.  My brother and Jonah volunteer to do it instead. 
Ryan and Mia look grateful.  So am I.  We run through the rehearsal with the family members.  The procession is about the same here as it will be for the Dauntless ceremony so we walk through it quickly. 
Mia's parents, Michael and Donna Young, were kind enough to provide dinner for us all afterward and we spend the evening chatting with them.  They're so happy for their daughter, saying that she's marrying well.  I frown at some of the comments they make throughout dinner, like how he could've done better and that she's fortunate to have snatched him up quickly.  Mia's mother keeps telling me she thinks I'm prettier than her own child.  I take offense at that and excuse myself from the conversation before I say something rude. 
I sigh when Eric follows me outside a minute later, wrapping his arms around me.  "I hate visiting Candors," he tells me.
I nod.  I could never have come here even if Tobias would have, it would've been a serious challenge.  "I see why she has such a low self esteem and a poor opinion of herself.  It was probably shoved on her by her mother growing up," I say.
"Yeah, I called her a few names after you were out of earshot," Eric laughs.
"You didn't?" I question looking in his eyes.  He's trying not to laugh but he nods to me grinning.  I slap him in the chest playfully.
"Hey, she deserved it.  Besides, I told her if she didn't keep her rude, Candor mouth shut for the duration of the event tonight and the ceremony tomorrow, that I'd personally escort her out of the building," he says.
I smirk at my husband and kiss him gently. He may not be the kindest man in the world but his intentions are good.