Chapter 21

Levy's POV

*The Next Day*

I woke up the next day and JUVIA'S HERE?! Man she just doesn't quit! I'm glad Gray has the support and we have the extra help though. I don't mind her at all. We are all currently trekking through Goshi Temple Forest, the old temple far in the distance, but we still see it. Erza and Natsu walk in the front of the group, then Juvia and Gray, and then finally Gajeel, Pantherlily, and me. After Erza explained the history of this forest, I can't help but wonder why here? If we were still at the guild, I would go into our library and search for answers, but it'll have to wait until we get back.

"Whatcha thinkin about Shrimp?" I looked up to Gajeel.

"Hmm? Oh, just Lucy."

================================================

Natsu's POV

Me and Erza walked next to each other silently. The others all seemed to be chatting it up, but I couldn't find anything to talk about. I focused all my energy into finding Lucy. Listen and smell. The 2 things that could lead us to her sooner.

=================================================

Lucy's POV

I lay in my cell on the cement floor. My back is cold, but that isn't the what's bothering me most right now. I think about this morning again, and I can feel the tears coming back up. It had to have been about the 4th time Kade violated me this week. Ever since Z went on his 'vacation', Kade has been doing whatever he wants with me. And as if violated me wasn't torture enough, he beat me and caused me any amount of pain he could. I look down at myself and see the bruises, cuts, burns, and dirt covering my body. I hear footsteps approaching my cell and immediately I tense up. That can't be him though, he already hurt me once today, and he only bothers me once a day. I relax slightly and breathe out to steady myself. Maybe its mealtime. I get meals once a week but it's hard to remember the days. I never know when I will eat again. The footsteps holding my food get closer, and my thoughts travel to Z again. Things were so much better when he was here. I may have been his prisoner, but he still cared about me. I had a bed, a room, I could shower, I could eat whenever I wanted, and no one harmed me. Z brought me here, but I know this isn't what he wanted. The footsteps stop and I take it as my cue to look up. Oh no.

Fear pulses itself into my veins and rushes through my bloodstream. He shouldn't be back until tomorrow, but here he is, standing in front of me. Kade. My body doesn't have time to tense up and brace itself before he has my hands above my head and chains them to the wall.

"Surprised to see me? It's your lucky day, Lucy. Makes you Lucky Lucy doesn't it?". Kade laughs in my face at his own joke.

"I wouldn't call it luck that brought you here." I catch an attitude with my torturer, only to try and prove i'm not afraid, and i'm strong.

"You're right, Lucky Lucy. I came because I felt like it." He holds my chin in his right hand and makes me look at him. He becomes serious, a terrifying emotion he hasn't shown me yet. "And quit the tough girl act. I know you're scared and vulnerable. I can hear it in your voice every time I fuck you and you beg for me to stop." Kade runs a finger from his eye to his cheek, faking a tear. "Alas i'm not here to have some more fun."

"Then what are you here for?". His body freezes for a second before he laughs again.

"Don't you know girl? Curiosity killed the cat." Kade moves quickly turning my body around so that I face the wall. My back is to him, and I can't tell what he's about to do. I freak out on the inside but I cannot let him see.

Whip. I can't help but scream when a whip slashes me across the back, it tears my already scrappy clothing into rags. Whip. I can't tell when they're coming, and right when my body adjusts to the pain, whip. Tears run down my face. I scream louder hoping someone will hear me. Whip. I feel streams of blood run down my back. The edges of my vision blur and it gets hard to hold my head up. Right when I'm about to lose consciousness, a needle is stabbed into my arm, jolting me back awake.

"You're not missing the pain this time, Baby."

"W-what did you do to me?"

"Just a shot of magic energy, since you haven't had any in so long, your body won't shut down." He gave me.. magic energy? Then I feel it. I feel Z's presence and I remember he told me we were connected. I reach out to him as my last effort.

Z! Are you there? It's me Lucy!

"Lucy?"

Oh my gosh it's you! Z, please come back. I need you.

"What's wrong?"

Just please, I learned my lesson. I want my old room back. I want my friend back. Z, I want us to be friends again.

"Lucy.. I-I am not supposed to see you yet.."

Z please! I haven't seen you since I got here!

I can hear Z begin to say something, but my magic energy wears off. Kade was gone, but I can't remember when he left. My strength is completely gone, and my body falls to the floor.

==============================================

Natsu's POV

"Stop. There's the Temple." The group of us all look at Erza. Her booming voices echos throughout the forest. "This is where Lucy might be. Everyone keep a watchful eye and be prepared to fight enemies." She turns to me, "Natsu, do you smell her? Hear her?". I nod my head twice with regret. She now addresses the entire group. "Can anyone sense her magic energy?".

It was dead silent. No magic energy means no life force. A tingle shock ran through my bones. It was barely there, but I still felt it. "I can feel it! She's still alive!"